Clear All

• 60% loading crash

Hi,

Im having troubles loading my map.
    it crashes at about 60%..

Does anyone know what this can mean?
    or fix.

Re: 60% loading crash

Yes, first run it in windowed mode. This can be done by copying the play bf2 shortcut icon. Then right click on the copy and go to properties. Under target, change "fullscreen +1" to "fullscreen +0". The window may be too big, but to fix that just lower your resolution in options>video.

Now that you are in windowed mode, load the map again. When it crashes an error message should pop up. 60% usually means that you are missing a texture, so if that is what it says, write down the texture and close the message. Then extract that texture from another bf2 map and put it in the same folder in your map. You may be missing more than one texture so run it again in windowed mode to see if it crashes again.

hope that helps.

Comment

You're a lifesaver! thanks it worked!

Comment

im half way through making my map. When i finish a bit i would load it up in BF2 and check it is alright.
        Ijust added those large brick walls with the bit u can walk around on on top and a few spawn object vechiles. I load up and only gets to 62%.
        I tryed what is written above but i cant click apply to apply the video settings or Start to start the local......
        Any help please???

Comment

Originally posted by Forest
          Yes, first run it in windowed mode. This can be done by copying the play bf2 shortcut icon. Then right click on the copy and go to properties. Under target, change "fullscreen +1" to "fullscreen +0". The window may be too big, but to fix that just lower your resolution in options>video.

Now that you are in windowed mode, load the map again. When it crashes an error message should pop up. 60% usually means that you are missing a texture, so if that is what it says, write down the texture and close the message. Then extract that texture from another bf2 map and put it in the same folder in your map. You may be missing more than one texture so run it again in windowed mode to see if it crashes again.

hope that helps.
          You should be able to copy the correct one from the /editor folder in the actual map you are working on.

You can also simply pack your map using the option in the editor, delete everything except the client and server zips and the info folder, and that will work. (backup first).

Once you finished testing, unzip the client and server zips, and delete them, you'll have the map back to normal.

If you don't know what the file is (like the guy above me), you can copy the "COLORMAPS", "DETAILMAPS" and "LOWDETAILMAPS" from the editor folder to the main folder, that's what I was doing before I started packing the map instead.

Comment

Originally posted by {21CW}Midge
            im half way through making my map. When i finish a bit i would load it up in BF2 and check it is alright.
            Ijust added those large brick walls with the bit u can walk around on on top and a few spawn object vechiles. I load up and only gets to 62%.
            I tryed what is written above but i cant click apply to apply the video settings or Start to start the local......
            Any help please???
            So i thought i would delete everything etc i put on since the last time it worked and to no avail same thing.

I haven't packed it niether did i need to to play on it before.
            Help please

Comment

Pack it.

It should work once packed (and you delete the rest of the files in that folder), just make a full backup of the entire map folder first.

Comment

i have tried changing my game resolution but it looks like this and as you can see i can't seem to select nething (tthis is my whole screen your looking at). Game being runin windowed mode

Comment

For crashing at the 60% or so mark turn off your surrounding terrain - right side in terrain editor - there are 9 boxes right click on all that are colored blue and remove patch all but the center one - should work let me know.

Comment

cheers mate it was under terrain editor but it worked. Does this mean i can't have surronding terrain at all??

Comment

Originally posted by {21CW}Midge
                      cheers mate it was under terrain editor but it worked. Does this mean i can't have surronding terrain at all??

You can but it all needs to be textured or perhaps underwater

Comment

I have done what you have said and it goes past the 60%, but when i press "Join game" the game shuts down to the desktop. Any troubleshooters?

Comment

Try changing your graphics settings to overall medium or low and make sure you are creating local server and not trying to play single player.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaMRE
                            Try changing your graphics settings to overall medium or low and make sure you are creating local server and not trying to play single player.
                            When you say that, do you mean the graphic card's settings or the map's?

*edit*

Mine crashing at 16% while loading objects. Could it be that something is touching when it shouldn't? Seems that it's too broad an error to pinpoint. Guess I'll keep going and see where I get....

Comment

set your textures filter textures and terrain to medium in video settings

Comment

Working...
                              X