Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Rules and Guidelines...suggested.

RULES:

1) No disrespectful language or behavior allowed.

2) Players are not allowed into the enemy UCB for any reason other than for the sole purpose of destroying the enemy's assets (artillery/uav/radar). Restricted acts include:

1. Entering the UCB with the intent on killing a disoriented spawning player.
    2. Entering the UCB with the intent of stealing any vehicle.
    3. Flying over the UCB for air raids / bombing runs.
    4. Entering the UCB with the intent to lay mines / c4.

These acts are restricted not to deny valid real-life tactics, but to ensure the quality of game play. Rule #2 must be a simple and clear rule that is easily adminstered and does not vary on a map-by-map basis.

3) All players are REQUIRED to PARTICIPATE in a SQUAD.

4) All players are REQUIRED to FOLLOW ORDERS from their squad leader and commander.
    5) Audio is required.

Every individual must have the capability to hear the voicecomms of other members of his team. While the use of mics is strongly encouraged, the requirement is that you have VoIP enabled and can hear your teammates. If you are unable to hear, please contact an admin and inform him of your situation.

6) Crack-Jumping is FORBIDDEN.

Crack-Jumping is the act of continually jumping while engaged in combat or reloading with the intent to avoid being hit.

GUIDELINES:

A) Players should follow the chain of command. If a player has an issue following the orders of their commander or has specific request for their assignment, they may request it, but it is the commanders final decision as to what that squad is going to be assigned to do.

B) Commanders MUST make their command role their primary activity. A commander should not be engaging in front-line battle if it impedes their ability to command their army and maintain awareness of what each squad is doing.

C) Entering and/or attacking an uncapturable base should be done only with the express purpose of attacking command resources such as artillery emplacements, radar towers/trailers and UAV launchers. Entering an uncapturable base for the express purpose of destroying vehicles and/or camping the uncapturable spawn is prohibited.

SPAWN CAMPING - vs - UCB ASSAULTS (Clarification)

Purpose
    BF2's design dictates that you must attack assets belonging to the opposition and located in their uncapturable base (UCB). Attacks near spawning players can sometimes lead to and/or be mistaken for "spawn camping".

The following details what Tactical Gamer considers spawn camping, makes clear its prohibition on our BF2 server, and attempts to detail what IS permitted when inside the opposition's UCB.

This is a summary of what admins hope to allow and disallow in gameplay. The discretion of the admins and the judgements they make during gameplay are NOT open to debate or discussion while you're ON THE SERVER.

Spawn Camping
    On our BF2 server, spawn camping is not permitted.

"Spawn camping" requires a certain INTENT. To spawn camp, it must be your INTENT to EXPLOIT a player's post-spawn lack of orientation while attacking that player. You are sitting (camp), waiting to attack a player immediately after he enters gameplay (spawn). This is spawn camping, and it is not allowed on Tactical Gamer's BF2 server.

Now, some people hear "no spawn camping" and take that to mean that they're not to be in the opposition's UCB at all. This is not the case on our BF2 server.

UCB Assaults
    Players acting within their commander's authorization MAY attack structures (UAV Trailer, Radar Dish & Artillery) within the enemy UCB, vehicles within the UCB are OFF LIMITS. These attackers may also STAY in the opposition's UCB to make sure the destroyed structures STAY destroyed. It is the responsibility of the commander to determine if maintaining an assault on the enemy UCB is tactically viable and strategically advisable.

It is the responsibility of the team which owns the UCB to play the necessary defense to remove the attack from their UCB, even if it means pulling soldiers, or even squads, out of the field of battle and "back to base."

Conclusion
    During an attack on an enemy's UCB, you MAY attack enemy units attempting to repair UCB assets and may NOT spawn camp.

It is the responsibility of the attacker to not spawn camp while in the opposition UCB, for any reason or amount of time. The attacker may and should defend himself and his fellow soldiers from attack during his objective in the UCB, but at no point may he spawn camp, even if the only alternative is death and/or failing his UCB objective.

If an admin observes your manner of attack and decides your intent is to spawn camp, expect to be treated like a spawn camper, regardless of whether or not that was your intent. Admins understand the heat of battle, and nothing's going to happen to you the first time an enemy on or near his spawn point catches a stray bullet from your rifle while you're engaged in an otherwise-sanctioned firefight, but do your best to avoid spawning players during your objective in the enemy UCB.

Re: BF2 Rules and Guidelines...suggested.

I agree with most of this, but in my opinion, if the enemy isnt wise enough to use all their armor and vehicles, I'll be damned if i'm gonna let it sit there. They are there for a reason. Use them wisely. Form squads of armor, attack from 4 directions at once. The point is: if you see an empty enemy vehicle, take it. If you dont, they will.

Comment

At what point is it acceptable to destroy stuff like tanks and AA.

When they leave the main base (ucb) perimiter. 100m outside perimiter, only when fired upon by said vehicles?

The opening salvo in any battle is the removal of any and ALL enemy concentrations/logistics which may cause problems at a later date.

Bombing runs on the UCB are perfectly acceptable forms of warfare.

If OPFOR team is losing to the extent that they are forced back to their one remaining base, then that is the nature of war.

Wait till the next round and do it better.

I was autoswitched to the US team last night just as we were capping the last land base and we were consequently driven back to the carrier and just couldn't get off. There was NO teamwork at all whilst the other side were well organised.

It hurt then and it hurts now, but it was just one round.

You won't stop that sort of behaviour on a public server and you won't stop vehicle stealing or spawn camping unless the game is changed i.e. only spec ops can enter enemy UCB's + make it impossible to drive/fly enemy vehicles unless over a certain rank.

To be honest I'm fed up of the moaning about ungentlemanly conduct.

Comment

Originally posted by sbikerbud
        At what point is it acceptable to destroy stuff like tanks and AA.

When they leave the main base (ucb) perimiter. 100m outside perimiter, only when fired upon by said vehicles?

The opening salvo in any battle is the removal of any and ALL enemy concentrations/logistics which may cause problems at a later date.

Bombing runs on the UCB are perfectly acceptable forms of warfare.

If OPFOR team is losing to the extent that they are forced back to their one remaining base, then that is the nature of war.

Wait till the next round and do it better.

I was autoswitched to the US team last night just as we were capping the last land base and we were consequently driven back to the carrier and just couldn't get off. There was NO teamwork at all whilst the other side were well organised.

It hurt then and it hurts now, but it was just one round.

You won't stop that sort of behaviour on a public server and you won't stop vehicle stealing or spawn camping unless the game is changed i.e. only spec ops can enter enemy UCB's + make it impossible to drive/fly enemy vehicles unless over a certain rank.

To be honest I'm fed up of the moaning about ungentlemanly conduct.
        Pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Its Battlefield 2, not the 4th Reich

Get a clue and quit being a nazi.

Forcing people to be on a squad, forcing people to do what you tell them when THEY PAID 50$ is absolutely ridiculous.

Please Shut up.

Comment

I agree with CaptJordas about the monetary aspect. I didn't drop $50 on a game to play the way you want me to. I understand that you feel this would be a good idea. If you want things to be that way, get your own server and enforce those rules and guidelines. I'm afraid that if I was forced to play by your rules, I wouldn't play at all. If someone has taken control of all flags on the map, and I'm left with my UCB, I fully expect an all out assault on that UCB. To expect any less is rediculous. The point is to win, not play nice.

Comment

What is this the Geneva Conventions I mean or do we need a Geneva Conventions for BF2 do you realize how silly that sounds....People this is a damn GAME it isnt WWIII your not putting yourself in harms way you are sitting at a desk looking at a monitor shooting pixels its FAKE...hate to break it to you....I know and you thought this was a real war didnt you....Sorry to break the news...oh and BTW Santa isnt real either

Comment

Jeez, I just saw the other thread you created... all I have to say is get down of your high horse and let people play how they want to. Or go rent your own server and stop trying to impose your sour grapes on the community here.

Comment

I agree with most other posters: get your own server and enforce your rules there or stfu.

Comment

Good to see some rational thinking out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakermaker
                      I agree with most other posters: get your own server and enforce your rules there or stfu.
                      x2
                      And running a server with rules like that:
                      A. Empty
                      B. You will spend all your time kicking and banning people.

Comment

It's called Bunny-hopping. Nice set of rules, but don't try and reinvent the wheel. Thanks.

Comment

Completely impossible to police, players who aren't going to play fair wont follow these "rules". There is already a kick-vote option, but whenever it starts only 2 or 3 people bother to vote. And whining to the admin about another player is such a n00b thing to do. I wouldn't play on a server run like this

Comment

Read the reply I made to your other, "vote style", thread. It sums up my feelings...without the pesky spam =)

Comment

A soldier must improvise, adapt and overcome. These rules deny that outright. Instead they place restrictions on otherwise valid tactics and limit the scope of the game. Ambushes, raids, covert ops, deep strike bombing runs,disruption of enemy supply lines - all are modern warfare tactics and all can be played out in BF2. The secret is to improve your play style, individually as well as a group, to anticipate and react accordingly to these threats.

Comment

Working...
                              X