Important Information for those about to get Sound Blaster X-Fi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Information for those about to get Sound Blaster X-Fi

The Sound Blaster X-Fi Line of cards are going to be shipping tommorow (Many Best Buys already have them however). And as you know Battlefield 2 has an X-Fi option in Audio Options. If you enable it once you get an x-fi however, there's maybe a chance that the game will IMMEDIATELY crash to desktop upon applying the option. Don't worry, there is a way to fix this. Don't get all 'ZOMG EA/DICE/CREATIVE PLZ FIX!!!!!' on me here

Apparently Sound Blaster X-fi does not like drivers from other Soundblasters to share the same computer. So what you need to do is to clean out the previous drivers. Here's how:

Hopefully you will perform this BEFORE you install the X-fi drivers (they take a LONG time to uninstall and reinstall) but basically it's the same process.

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro install it and use it's live update function, you'll need it later. Just google it up to find it.

2. Uninstall EVERYTHING that deals with Creative Sound Blaster cards (ALL Drivers, software, etc.)

3. reboot computer INTO SAFE MODE

4. In Safe Mode, run Driver Cleaner Pro and run cleans on both Creative Audio, and Creative Audio Lite. This should clean up any remainents in the registry

5. Make sure you delete the Creative folder in C:\Program Files or where ever you installed the drivers in the first place. Your computer should be now clean enough to be able to install X-fi correctly

6. Reboot into Regular Mode and install the X-Fi Drivers

That should do it, now x-fi should work fine for all Games that can use it (Battlefield 2, Doom 3, etc.)

*Post to be modified upon refinement of process*

Re: Important Information for those about to get Sound Blaster X-Fi

I installed mine normaly and it works fine.. I had an audigy 2 before and didn't even uninstall my old drivers..

Comment

That's why I said 'there is a chance'

Comment

BTW, its worth it.. lots of little things added and my fps went up about 20..
        Sounds way cool when you are standing just outside of a arty strike and sounds amazing when bullets are wizzing by your head.. Also enabled the "ultra high" setting for audio

Comment

Which card do you have?

Comment

I have seen some revieuws of the X-fi card and...

The Fps never went up , in not even one game
            you have to be carefull with the settings because with some settings you will even cause a bigger cpu usage meaning lower fps.

BUT : they never heared such a good sound as with the X-fi card, it's a huge step forwards for soundcards

Comment

Any place have these cards yet? I still don't see them up for sale anywhere!

Comment

Best Buy has them

Comment

mike, i did not see the fatal1ty model on the Best Buy website. Am I missing something?

Comment

Fatal1ty is only available at certain stores

Comment

Bump because some people need it

Comment

Working...
                      X