BF2 Video Glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Video Glitch?

Iv noticed what appears a glitch in the graphics engine of BF2.. . Several people already confirmed this....

first.. type "renderer.drawfps 1" in the console to display your framerate.

While standing perfectly still pan your view (move your mouse left or right) at a steady speed as if you were quickly scaning your view but slow enough you can make out the terrain as your panning..

You will notice that once you reach structures in your view there is a jerky "stick slipping" where it looks like your very quickly speeding up/slowing down your rate of panning.. another description of this effect is a stutering or what looks like very quick sporadic drops in frame rate... If you notice your FPS display, even if it stays constant or high you still see this herky jerky look..

NOW, try this.. simply push your foward key so you are now moving foward instead of still.. now while in motion pan your view with your mouse.. . you'll notice the stick/slip jerky action is gone!

At first I thought it was a limitation of the video card.. but it is not as a 7800gtx on lowest setting with do this video jerk.. next I thought it was a cpu or memory limitation in the math needed to transform the scene. but moving foward debunks that theory.. so im only left to think this is some kind of BF2 Graphics or input glitch.. It only happens when being a soldier on the ground and standing still, notice for tanks, planes, moving foward, panninng a view does NOT have the jerkiness.. they all have a built in filtering of panning motion that eliminates the jerkiness..
    Anyone please confirm this and post info you know on this problem..

thanks..

Re: BF2 Video Glitch?

Originally posted by MSC SniperX
    jerky "stick slipping"

heheheheheheheeeeeeeeehehehe

Comment

i noticed that a few times but terrain doesnt affect the way i play, ppl still look the same so just shoot them

Comment

i refuse to let this thread die as it's quite interesting, well to me anyway

sorry i cant comment on the topic though as i havent even played bf2 for about four days and probably wont for a little while longer.

Comment

Yes,I too, have noticed this.

Comment

everyone I know of that has tried this so far has confirmed it..

ony ATI users confirm?

I realize this problem may seem like nitpicking to some. but once you see it.. it's damn annoying and you realize how much smoother the game would be if it didn't have it..

Comment

Working...
            X