Bots on Multiplayer Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bots on Multiplayer Servers

Would it be possible to add bots to a multiplayer server but still allow new people to join and a random bot "suicides" or is disconnected to allow new people on the server?

Here are my reasons:
    1. I enjoy playing Singleplayer
    2. Some servers have too few players - you have to go out of your way to find someone to kill
    3. Sometimes bots are better than players - although I wouldn't want to have them driving the vehicle I'm in
    4. Bots follow directions from their squad leaders and commanders
    5. I like having an lacky around
    Basically if bots could be added to a Multiplayer Game (perhaps as a server option), then they do the following:
    1. Automatically join squads until they are 5/6
    2. When a squad is 5/6 they will leave the squad
    3. Players who don't want bots can have a button when creating a custom squad that has a little logo of a bot next to the lock button that allows bots into the squad
    4. If there are 8 squads on the team, a bot won't make a squad
    5. Squads made entirely of bots will have a maximum of 5 players (5/6)
    6. When someone joins a squad completely made of bots they are asked if they want to become squad leader
    7. Bots follow the squad leader around

What do you guys think?

Re: Bots on Multiplayer Servers

Good idea that would be good for starting a game

Comment

Originally posted by Hollister360
      Good idea that would be good for starting a game
      BTW, I'm not suggesting this be on ranked servers either - bots (on easy mode), are too easy to kill.

Oh, also the server administrator can select the whether bots are allowed to use vehicles and what level of AI they'll have (easy, moderate, hard, extreme).

Comment

I like that idea but you could have a rated game if say killing bots you only get a % of the score or better still same idea but on another ranking system

Comment

Working...
        X