Bots on Multiplayer Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bots on Multiplayer Servers

Would it be possible to add bots to a multiplayer server but still allow new people to join and a random bot "suicides" or is disconnected to allow new people on the server?

Here are my reasons:
    1. I enjoy playing Singleplayer
    2. Some servers have too few players - you have to go out of your way to find someone to kill
    3. Sometimes bots are better than players - although I wouldn't want to have them driving the vehicle I'm in
    4. Bots follow directions from their squad leaders and commanders
    5. I like having an lacky around

Basically if bots could be added to a Multiplayer Game (perhaps as a server option), then they do the following:
    1. Automatically join squads until they are 5/6
    2. When a squad is 5/6 they will leave the squad
    3. Players who don't want bots can have a button when creating a custom squad that has a little logo of a bot next to the lock button that allows bots into the squad
    4. If there are 8 squads on the team, a bot won't make a squad
    5. Squads made entirely of bots will have a maximum of 5 players (5/6)
    6. When someone joins a squad completely made of bots they are asked if they want to become squad leader
    7. Bots follow the squad leader around

What do you guys think?

Re: Bots on Multiplayer Servers

In retrospec I'm moving this thread to General. This forum is really only for "Server Problems" and this isn't a problem, rather a feature.

Comment

Re: Bots on Multiplayer Servers

dude, you totally F'n RULE.

and just for that...I'll give you the answer you seek without any A$$Hole attached.

These guys got a co-op server running and in the forums you will find a wonderful how-to.

As far as I know it's only working with WIN32 servers but it's been a while.

GL to ya and thanks for use'n the grey matter.

Munson

Comment

Working...
      X