problem with Roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with Roads

"TBM: Some polygones are probably not correctly clipt!
    TBM: Something is strange with this final road!!"
    =========================================

Thats the message i get once i made a road.

When i save, and load again..it says:

"No active road template"

While i copied the road files from mashtuur city to my own map :hmm:

Anyone can help me please?

Re: problem with Roads

look at this topics
    http://bfeditor.gotfrag.com/forums/v...ighlight=roads
    http://bfeditor.gotfrag.com/forums/v...ighlight=roads
    http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...ighlight=roads
    Im working on it myself right now!

Comment

Nice! thanks alot for the info, havent seen those posts yet.

i'll let it know when my road works..
      good luck with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Forbidden Donuts
        Ok. Here it is. A plain and simple explanation of roads in the BF2 Editor.

First of all, if you are working in the editor with the standard BF2 mod, you can only use the existing road templates (unless you wish to alter the provided templates and rename them with an existing name). If you wish to create your own templates, you must be working in your own mod. Here are the instructions for creating a road using the existing templates in the BF2 mod.

Before you begin, go to the Mod Manager (top menu) and make sure the road folder is not checked.

In the level editor, click on the road tool. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the Resources box. You should see a Road Templates option. When you click the plus sign next to the Road Templates, you should see a list of various existing BF2 road templates. If you don't see them, don't panic. You have to unpack them.

Unpacking Road Templates Procedure:
        IMPORTANT - close the editor before unpacking these files!
        1. Go to the following folder - ...\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\
        2. Open the Objects_client.zip file and extract all the splines folders to the following folder - ...\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Objects\Roads\. You should now have a Splines folder in the Roads folder. There should be a bunch of con files in there.
        3. Open the Objects_server.zip file and extract all the splines folders to the same Road\Splines folder.
        4. Now go back in to the BF2 Editor and click on the blue plus sign in the Resource window. Choose load resource. Expand the Roads folder and then the Splines folder. Click on the first spline (it should turn gray), hold down the shift button and then choose the last spline. Now all the splines should be gray. Click "Ok". Now the Road templates should be available in the editor.
        5. Check by choosing the road tool in the level editor, then scrolling down the left side of the resource window until you see the road templates. They should all be there.

Making roads with the road tool:
        1. Right click on the location where you want your road to begin. Important: the first point is a control point and won't show road texture.
        2. Therefore, your second spline point should be added very close to the first one. You can add it by right clicking and choosing add spline point, or by holding down the alt key and left clicking.
        3. Once you have added all your spline points, you can adjust them as necessary. If you are trying to make a ramp, I recommend elevating each point a little of the existing terrain. Eventually, when you apply the spline, it will elevate the ground to the spline points.
        4. Choose a road template for the road from the resource window. You can adjust the width, etc in the Tweaker window.
        5. Double click on one of the middle spline points to select the whole road spline.
        6. Click connect in the right window. It will ask you for a name for the road. Name it.
        7. You should now see the road connecting the spline points.
        8. Adjust any spline points as necessary.
        9. Click apply spline and it will attach the ground to the spline (note that it does not attach the road to the ground).
        10. After you are happy with all the roads, click "build all final roads."

Hope this helps.

Comment

Allright! Thanks for the big help! it works

Comment

Yeah it worked now the rest

Comment

You could of just read the FAQ

Comment

I finally got the roads to work; but I still have a problem.
                This is what I have done:
                I have made a road that is going up. There was no elevated ground under it, just flat. But I used the points to raise the road from the ground. Then I applied the splines so the ground would match up with my road. Now here's the problem. The elevated ground is very "bumpy", and the problem remains when I built the final road. How come ? Am I doing something wrong ? I used the tutorial in this thread (wich was very helpfull), and I can't find an explenation for this problem on the various BF2 mapping forums. Plz help.

Comment

Originally posted by rizlah
                  I have made a road that is going up. There was no elevated ground under it, just flat. But I used the points to raise the road from the ground. Then I applied the splines so the ground would match up with my road. Now here's the problem. The elevated ground is very "bumpy", and the problem remains when I built the final road. How come ? Am I doing something wrong ? I used the tutorial in this thread (wich was very helpfull), and I can't find an explenation for this problem on the various BF2 mapping forums. Plz help.
                  Okey i made my road for testing after that is complete modified the terain and my road just adapted to the ground.(like some miracle)
                  Zo i have no idea whats would be the problem

Comment

Originally posted by rizlah
                    i had the same problem. i spent quite some time for that but at the end i had to remove the roads and recreate them. sorry

Comment

Working...
                    X