New! Blue Screen Error Fix????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New! Blue Screen Error Fix????

Ok was reading some other forums when I came across this fix and funny I also received an email from PUNKBUSTER TECH SUPPORT today about the same issue. The Tech asked if I had any ZIP DRIVES, or IOMEGA Drivers, or a MULTIPLE/FLOPPY CARD READERS. Which I have both. This might be the fix. When I first built my system I kept gettng an error on startp, eventually I had to change the ZIP drives drive number to get it to stop. Windows considers it a HD for some reason. Read the full post attached for details.
    READ THIS POST!

Re: New! Blue Screen Error Fix????

Bump up post

Comment

Sorry movin up again to spread the word.

Comment

Please stop:P

Comment

Did this work for anyone. Help out?

Comment

YES!!!! It worked for me. I went and downloaded the file off their site and that didnt do anything so I followed the other instructions and went into my iomega folder and ran the "uninstall appserver" or whatever its called, then rebooted and ever since then, I've been playing BSOD free!!!!
            THANKS a ton for this fix. It's exactly what I needed. More people should try this out because it worked for me.
            Chris

Comment

So far so good for me too, can't believe that was the problem. PUNKBUSTER tech said it might be.

Comment

Originally posted by SerbSniper1
                Did this work for anyone. Help out?
                Holy no more blue screen crashes Batman. This fixed my problem with BF2 and PB and system blue screen crashes. :banana:

Now I can put BF2 back on my RAID controller and power through those verify times.:rock:

This is what I got back from Even Balance on this subject.

08/21/2005 16:11:25 - "Stuart Dunsmore"
                Note #29: Yeah, we have ID'd the ZIP drivers as faulty, same with many card reader drivers. They can't handle what PB asks of them, namely basic information. Really what happens is that we use a Windows API to query the drive, asking if it can supply info to us, if they say yes, we get it, if not, we don't. What happens on zip and other faulty drivers is that we ask, they say yes, but when it comes time to put out, they choke, and crash. That's why we look for WHQL, they don't fail there.

Comment

Same guy emailed me with the zip problem from PB. So far so good! Thank goodness.

Can you believe it?????

Comment

Only down fall is zip drive is no inop.

Comment

I have a flash card reader or something, but it's not plugged into my motherboard.

Comment

Is it plugged in by the firewire, usb or other cable. Could be it. MAYBE

Comment

It appears to have only one cord, and that is unplugged. I think my problem is different.

Comment

Could be, but make sure you delete the file in the system 32 iomega folder.

Comment

Working...
                            X