Hey...im begging anyone to help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey...im begging anyone to help!

OK...I am extremely fed up as I have not been able to play bf2 on ranked servers.
    Ok its not a firewall i have disabled all
    Ok it isnt my pc..cause it doesnt work on 2 pcs on my network(both with all requirements and latest drivers)
    Ok it isnt todo with port forwarding because i have writen to my isp and looked at the internal ports. all are open that would be neede to

Its not the patch..yes I have 1.2

I can play single player fine, i can also play on my clanserver fine....as soon/a few minutes after) i enter one of the many ranked serevrs my pc freezes up completely.

The only slight thing i think it could posibly be would be punkbuster..do u need ports open for that?

I must of reinstalled 10 times, and spent 20 hours on this!

Please help!:cry:

Re: Hey...im begging anyone to help!

So that I understand - you can play just fine online on unranked servers but not on Ranked servers? I've never heard of such a thing on two different PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus
      So that I understand - you can play just fine online on unranked servers but not on Ranked servers? I've never heard of such a thing on two different PCs.
      Its most probably punkbuster and your router. Try turning off your router and playing see if it works.

Comment

What throws me is that the client uses the same files for ranked and unranked servers. I wouldn't expect any problems at the router only because it works online unranked. But router was my first thought however and still may be the source. And I also agree that PB is such a difficult piece of software to diagnose it's almost criminal...

Comment

yah. Im not shure if my clan server runs pb(this might illuminate the problem to PB). so it might just be that. btw what do you mean by "turn off my router" that would cut all my internet completely wouldnt it ? and im quite shure that its not my router as I know people with the same settings and same moddel but they can play fine.

sum it up:
          single player - runs fine!
          clan server - runs fine!(might not be runing pb)
          ranked server - Freezes up! (obviously is running pb)

oh and i dont hax if thats wat u think :P

Comment

Originally posted by JosiaMFire2
            yah. Im not shure if my clan server runs pb(this might illuminate the problem to PB). so it might just be that. btw what do you mean by "turn off my router" that would cut all my internet completely off wouldnt it ? and im quite shure that its not my router as I know people with the same settings and same moddel but they can play fine.
            Well do u have broadband? Then you should have a broadband modem and you should be able to use it alone without a router.

Comment

ahh yes I have broadband...and I use a router not a modem..the router is also used as a switch/hub. so if i turn off the router wouldnt that cut my connectivity lol?

Comment

He is suggesting that you connect the game PC directly to the modem for testing purposes. You don't need the router to get online if you connect to the modem instead.

Comment

ahh ok, well i think iv fixed it...I think there was something preventing the pb autoupdate..i went adn updated it and it seems fine now. Thanks for your help guys ...I can finally go join the online battle

Comment

That's all that matters! Congrats and have fun!

Comment

Working...
                    X