Server ops: please lower your map sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server ops: please lower your map sizes

Last night, I played on a 64 player server... which often played 16 or 32 player maps. And let me tell you... everyone thought it was awesome. It was obvious that everyone was having a blast. The fights were intense. Huge battles taking place all the time. Instead of having 64 people spread across a dozen different flags on a huge map, you often have 40 people battling it out for one flag. It's an incredible sight, and one not often seen when playing a 64 player map.

Server admins, please consider lowering your map sizes by one category for many of your maps. For example, if you have a 64 player server, go down to 32 player maps. Try 16 player maps too. This greatly increases the fun of the game, trust me. If your players don't like it, switch back, but I'm confident they will love it.

If you have a 32 player server, try going down to 16 player maps on some maps. Experiment. Some maps are just fine at their recommended player slots. Gulf of Oman is great at 64. But maps like Kubra Dam and Dragon Valley are much nicer when cut down to size.

Re: Server ops: please lower your map sizes

I don't play on 64 player maps. I have a lot of problems, I stick to the lower size servers.

Comment

yeah i have experienced this on a 64 player karkand server they just rotated between 64, 32, and 16

I like 16 the most, lots of battles

Comment

16 player karkand on a 64 player server......the commander will have a field day.

Comment

I really don't like Karkand size 16 with 64 players, the rounds are too quik and you don't have enough time to get more than 5 or 10 kills.

Comment

I agree.

I once played on a server with 64 players on 16 player maps... Daqing oil fields was the greatest in 16 player mode.

Really intense fighting for the center of the map. I mean REALLY intense.

Comment

Working...
            X