Question About Being The Gunner in the Planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Being The Gunner in the Planes

In the two-seater planes, I've had some difficulty with firing the guided missile. Here's the thing:

Sometimes I get lock on and the lock on never breaks and the missile hits the target for a kill.

Sometimes I get lock on and the lock breaks pretty soon after I fire the missile and it misses the intended target. Sometimes it hits the next vehicle in the vacinity, friendly or enemy. Sometimes it hits nothing.

Sometimes I randomly fire with no lock on and score kills.

I really cannot figure out how the system works. Could it be something the pilot is doing, or is there a trick to keeping the missile locked to the target? I mean I never take the crosshairs off the target once I get lock, but I've got to be doing something wrong.

Thing is, missiling from the second seat is a lot of fun when I'm hitting targets since that missile is a automatic kill vs everything.

So can anyone explain the system to me? Thanks in advance.

Re: Question About Being The Gunner in the Planes

usually the pilots going to fast. next time ask the pilot to slow down a bit so you can give the guided missle another try.

Comment

Originally posted by high_tail
      usually the pilots going to fast. next time ask the pilot to slow down a bit so you can give the guided missle another try.
      The lock seems to break randomly regardless of altitude or speed. My teammate will fly low and slow just to line me up. I'll get tone, fire, and then lock breaks and the missile flies out of control. Not all the time, but often enough that something is going on.

There's got to be some trick to it.

Comment

I agree totally I can't figure it out either.. Maybe it's something to be addressed in the patch.

I can understand why it is somewhat difficult to obtain a lock etc. but completely randomizing if the missile will hit the target or not is not a fun way to balance the game

Comment

Originally posted by ikilled007
          The lock seems to break randomly regardless of altitude or speed. My teammate will fly low and slow just to line me up. I'll get tone, fire, and then lock breaks and the missile flies out of control. Not all the time, but often enough that something is going on.

There's got to be some trick to it.
          usually the problem is when im the gunner and the pilot slows down im able to use the guided missile pretty good but this is confusing. im not even sure what the problem is anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by akula89
            I agree totally I can't figure it out either.. Maybe it's something to be addressed in the patch.

I can understand why it is somewhat difficult to obtain a lock etc. but completely randomizing if the missile will hit the target or not is not a fun way to balance the game
            Well first I want to find out if it's random or if there's a trick before I start discussing a patch.

Comment

If your intended target strays too far from the center of your crosshair, you lose the lock.

Comment

I wish they had given the same missile camera they have on the two seated planes, on the attack helicopter, I think the choppers are dire.

And about the dodgey kills, I have had it happen to me aswell, hitting something that I'm not locked onto.

Comment

when you fire you need to be looking at them from a distance or the missle will over shoot, try to get locks asap when you see the box come up and only fire if your flying in a somewhat straight line or it wont go near the target.

Comment

As other people have stated the lock is somewhat random. The best way to kill with the laser guided is if the pilot climbs to about 350-450 meters and dives towards a target. You will have ample time to get a lock.

Comment

Working...
                    X