Install Trouble! Please Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Trouble! Please Help!!!

I am at my wits end with this game!!! I bought it the day it came out!! Only to get home to find out my computer was junk and could not play it. So instead to upgrading the GC and Mem, I decided to buy a whole new set up!!! It is sweet!! I have a Dimension XPSGEN 5, gamming computer.
    It has a NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GC.....

Well 3 weeks and $2000.00 later I STILL CAN'T GET THE THING TO WORK!!!!!!

It will not install. I have tried EVERYTHING that I can think of!!! ALL back ground apps are closed. It frezzes during the install. I tried to manually install...NOTHING. I even returned the game and got a new one.

WHAT TO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THIS WORK????????

Re: Install Trouble! Please Help!!!

We need to know what the error messages say and when they happen.

Comment

Are you sure it freezes? Because at some parts it takes a while to install a certain file. You should try just leaving the computer alone for like 30 minutes. See if it'll work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus
        We need to know what the error messages say and when they happen.
        There is no error message...It just stops loading...I waited for a long time to see if it would load...nothing...

Comment

Have you got somekind of emulation or virtual drive software installed??

On some systems they interfere with some games. So try upgrading, disabling and at last resort uninstall such applications. Examples are Daemon Tools, Clone CD etc.
          I stress this happens only on some systems and in other games too.

Have you checked if there are newer chipset drivers and/or BIOS updates for your motherbord, or firmware for CD/DVD drives.

You can also temporarily disable security application like antivir or similar(preferbly while not being connected to the Inet), maybe they somehow shield from functionality needed when installed.

Comment

Problem solved. Stupid Dell indtalled the worng Drivers in my computer. The installed XP Pro. I have XP Pro media edition...Thanks for your help!:evil:

Comment

Working...
            X