No announcement yet.

What are your goals in any given game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your goals in any given game?

So like, after seeing i have a tremendously bad win/loss ratio, Ive started to look at pretty much everything in terms of tickets. I sure can get alot of points running around from flag to flag... but that doesnt really help the team out if fighting is concentrated on the other side of the map and noones going for the flag anyways.

With medic, its about saving as many lives as possible.../without getting killed in the process/ for a net ticket gain.

For sniper, Ill take a lower score to insure I die less and tax the enemy tickets. If you manage to pick off 20 (non medic raised of course) enemies and maybe die once or twice, you just added a big ton of score for your team imo.

Now, for me the real failing I have is when im AT on a map like karkland or something, because ill fire one rocket, get mowed down, repeat, and I really take a huge dive in tickets trying to take that tank out. Kinda why I like specops better. You can hide untill you *know* youll succeed then blow the tank. If i die while killing 2 guysin a tank, i consider that a worthwhile trade =P

Re: What are your goals in any given game?

My goal was to hit corpral. I hit that goal now i just play the game. Could care less about ranks,medals and ribbons.

Comment

I made Corporal, got incredibly bored with the game...now I try for pistol kills first and foremost. It's fun.

Comment

My only goal in a particular game is for my team to win. Whatever I can do to make that goal a reality is what I'll do.

Comment

medals. just cause they colorfull

Comment

Kill everyone alot

Comment

Originally posted by l33tninjad00d
              Now, for me the real failing I have is when im AT on a map like karkland or something, because ill fire one rocket, get mowed down, repeat, and I really take a huge dive in tickets trying to take that tank out. Kinda why I like specops better. You can hide untill you *know* youll succeed then blow the tank. If i die while killing 2 guysin a tank, i consider that a worthwhile trade =P
              Agreed about Karkand. It's a real frag-fest map. And it seems like everyone gets caught up in the frontlines trying to take the flags like nearest=first, etc., etc. I've given up explaining how that doesn't work on Karkand, how you have to leapfrog past the frontlines and grab a flag, forcing MEC to split up and weaken the front lines (this is true on many maps).

So, I play Spec Ops and try to sneak to their main flag. Wait for tank/apc to spawn there, cap the flag and take out their uav/radar. That gets MEC's attention ;') Typically they will lose several more flags as they split up to defend multiple points now rather then their whole team focusing in one small area.

I never do well on points when I do that (for points on Karkand I play Medic and rake them in). I frequently end the game with 15 to 35 or so. bleh.... BUT! I do get a good feeling knowing that I turned the tide and probably made the difference between my team winning and losing.

Comment

i keep watchin my kill/death ratio in the game to see how well im doing, as long as its postive i'll b happy, then of course i want my team to win

i play AT alot and well alot of the times u will die right after firing ur rocket at a tank, and u often have a choice to jump outa cover launch a rocket to weaken the tank and die, or just to hide in cover and watch ur team mates die

it depends but i will usualy will go outa cover and die b/c that tank is killing a whole lot of my men (ticket loss for my team) and if i can help kill off that tank, i'll do it, anything to bring it closer to destruction

Comment

Mass carnage! uless I'm the engineer then I fix as much broken stuff as possable.

Comment

Victory, and good squad work.
                    Or if its all going horribly wrong on that front just the chance to shoot something.

Comment

my goal is to just get a ton of kills and as few deaths as possible.

basically i also want to get all the medals/badges/ribbons that DONT require time, but rather, kills. the time requirements will be fulfilled later on. the ones i can get fairly easily are the ones that require kills. like expert explosives and expert pistol, both of which i'm trying to get right now on 64 man karkand servers (c4 is easy as shit on USMC side )

Comment

Working...
                      X