Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed ways for people to take out tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed ways for people to take out tanks?

IMO, I think EA/Dice should do something so non-antitank + spec ops classes have at least a chance against tanks.

I was thinking:
    -Ability to throw grenades into an open hatch on top to kill the driver
    -A bullet directly into the barrel would explode the shell inside, and would destroy the tank
    -a gas tank on the back (like an APC) and would take out 25-50% of the armour if exploded

Any other ideas?

Re: Proposed ways for people to take out tanks?

Well then what would the point of a tank be? I mean, c'mon, it's a frigging tank.

Comment

Originally posted by FaultySanity
      IMO, I think EA/Dice should do something so non-antitank + spec ops classes have at least a chance against tanks.

I was thinking:
      -A bullet directly into the barrel would explode the shell inside, and would destroy the tank
      -a gas tank on the back (like an APC) and would take out 25-50% of the armour if exploded

Any other ideas?

looks like you should be joining the army

Comment

Anyone ever see a round go through the barrel of a Tank and explode a solid shell !?:hmm:

Comment

If you don't like feeling helpless against a tank... just step in front of the tank, and then respawn as AT or Spec Ops.

Comment

Most tank whores are noobs anyway just sneak up behind them but c4 on them and blow the he11 out of him..and walk away with a smile on your face

Comment

Any other ideas?
              Be AT or spec ops.

Comment

Spec Ops take me out in a tank pretty frequently. At least the patient ones do.

The minute I relax, waiting for a flag to turn, some sneaky bastage has put 2 C4's on my butt and BOOM (or he saw me coming and left them near the flag). The trick is to be patient.

Comment

I have a swarm of trained attack monkeys that rush the enemy tank while bearing their teeth and throwing feces.

It doesnt kill the tank, but it scares the hell out of em long enough for a spec ops to sneak up on em.

Comment

Originally posted by BravoTwoZeroUK
                    Anyone ever see a round go through the barrel of a Tank and explode a solid shell !?:hmm:

uh uh, aint gonna happen

Comment

I was thinking:

Any other ideas?
                      I think you are the problem, not the game here.

I'm not a bad tank/apc driver if i say so myself, so heres my expierence on the mather. Most of the time, it's the Spec-ops that kill me ( but then again, i play a lot of city maps, so lots of space for them to sneak ).

It's darn easy to take out a tank, but, you need to be as good as the tank driver. Sure, you can kill a few noob tankers, but these days, there are more & more expierenced tank drivers, and we dont give a free ride anymore to the spec-ops who want to stick a C4 charge on us, or the Anti-Tankers. A good shot of a anti-tanker can do about 45-48% damage ( if placed well ). 2 Shots, and the tank driver needs to leave his tank or explode with it.

Dont just run out in front of the tank, thats like yelling: "kill me kill me". Hide, take a shot, move postion, take another shot. Or run around & get in a good attack position.

Same as Spec-Ops, your playing a sneaky bastard, act like it. Sneak into range, use the side's as a place to place the C4 on. Dont bother with the front or rear, it's so easy for us to run you down like that.

Remember, tanks & apc also have 3th person view mode. And any good armor user will use it to spot people. So use it to your advantage, and drop c4 from a rooftop, or move into the blind spot of the camera ( the camera gets blocked very easy for 2 of the 3 view modes when facing buidlings with the tanks front ). Leaving him with a weak spot in the camera.

Tanks & apc's are a problem on large maps with low cover. If your driving a jeep & are anti tank. You see a tank, there is a 80% chance he will blow up your jeep & you with it. Jump out & fire that rocket. This way, your death is less meaningless. You damaged the tank, making it easyer for your teammates to finish the kill, or the tank driver needs to repair, costing him time, and the posability that a sniper finishes him off.

Use TOW on long range. I hate these things on several maps becouse there is totaly no cover against them. People dont bother with tows a lot. Also remember, when we are capping a flag, and there is a TOW spot there, trust me, we will be watching it. This again give's you the possability to plant mines in front, or c4 or whatever. Or just mine the exit. Lots of times we drive away looking behind us, to be sure nobody hits us in the ass, making our front a easy target sinds we dont look at the road. And when we are dead, recap the point.

Even a whole lot of tanks can be taken out. Its only difficult when it's tanks & infantry are mixed.

Lots of ways to get rid of tanks. They are fradgile enouf. Now people know the weak spots, even tank battles are starting to turn out in 2 shot kills ( instait of 3 ). Or if you are real lucky, place a rocket in the open turret. Thats a one shot kill. Had it heapon about 2 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Arqentus
                        I think you are the problem, not the game here.

I'm not a bad tank/apc driver if i say so myself, so heres my expierence on the mather. Most of the time, it's the Spec-ops that kill me ( but then again, i play a lot of city maps, so lots of space for them to sneak ).

It's darn easy to take out a tank, but, you need to be as good as the tank driver. Sure, you can kill a few noob tankers, but these days, there are more & more expierenced tank drivers, and we dont give a free ride anymore to the spec-ops who want to stick a C4 charge on us, or the Anti-Tankers. A good shot of a anti-tanker can do about 45-48% damage ( if placed well ). 2 Shots, and the tank driver needs to leave his tank or explode with it.

Dont just run out in front of the tank, thats like yelling: "kill me kill me". Hide, take a shot, move postion, take another shot. Or run around & get in a good attack position.

Same as Spec-Ops, your playing a sneaky bastard, act like it. Sneak into range, use the side's as a place to place the C4 on. Dont bother with the front or rear, it's so easy for us to run you down like that.

Remember, tanks & apc also have 3th person view mode. And any good armor user will use it to spot people. So use it to your advantage, and drop c4 from a rooftop, or move into the blind spot of the camera ( the camera gets blocked very easy for 2 of the 3 view modes when facing buidlings with the tanks front ). Leaving him with a weak spot in the camera.

Tanks & apc's are a problem on large maps with low cover. If your driving a jeep & are anti tank. You see a tank, there is a 80% chance he will blow up your jeep & you with it. Jump out & fire that rocket. This way, your death is less meaningless. You damaged the tank, making it easyer for your teammates to finish the kill, or the tank driver needs to repair, costing him time, and the posability that a sniper finishes him off.

Use TOW on long range. I hate these things on several maps becouse there is totaly no cover against them. People dont bother with tows a lot. Also remember, when we are capping a flag, and there is a TOW spot there, trust me, we will be watching it. This again give's you the possability to plant mines in front, or c4 or whatever. Or just mine the exit. Lots of times we drive away looking behind us, to be sure nobody hits us in the ass, making our front a easy target sinds we dont look at the road. And when we are dead, recap the point.

Even a whole lot of tanks can be taken out. Its only difficult when it's tanks & infantry are mixed.

Lots of ways to get rid of tanks. They are fradgile enouf. Now people know the weak spots, even tank battles are starting to turn out in 2 shot kills ( instait of 3 ). Or if you are real lucky, place a rocket in the open turret. Thats a one shot kill. Had it heapon about 2 times.
                        Lots o' good tips and common sense there! Nice!

Also, we tend to forget that in order to be successful in this game, team tactics need to be applied. Running around solo as a medic, engineer, ect is a sure way to get yourself killed when running into enemy armor. If you don't like getting raped by armor then link up with a squad and be sure to have assault, anti-tank and an excelent medic. A good 3 man team can be quite effective in this game!

Comment

I was thinking:

Any other ideas?
                          -----------------------

this ive always said should be a feature.

haha this is not practical in games or in reality well, hollywood maybe.

this is disagree with, because with engineers being able to run up and throw a mine on top of a tank or in the back of any vehicle and blow it up, plus the anti-tank rockets, and C4 traps. i think theres plenty of way to defend yourself against a tank with the right class.

Comment

Working...
                          X