minimap problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minimap problem

those black blocky things are buildings. i dont know why this happens. some of the buildings appear normally on the minimap, some of them look like that. i generated lightmaps for terrain and objects in low, medium, and final resolution. any help is appreciated. thanks.

Re: minimap problem

Is it possible you need that huuuge 700mb lightmaps file to get it working on all buildings? I don't really know, just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
      Is it possible you need that huuuge 700mb lightmaps file to get it working on all buildings? I don't really know, just an idea.
      i have those files. but the problem is, when i try to generate lightmaps for the buildings, it gives a whole bunch of errors and at the end it says it failed. do you think that would be the reason?

Comment

nevermind, i dont get those errors. when i generate lightmaps for objects (not terrain), some of the buildings and objects become very very very very dark and tweak settings under lightsettings in terrain editor dont help because if i change the settings to make those dark objects brighter then normal objects become too bright.

nothing really works good with this editor. :evil: :evil:

Comment

nevermind, i also get errors but at the end. not for all objects. it compiles 507 objects and at the end of lightmap generation i get this

[LightmapGeneration] : Error loading lightsampling file: objects/common/flags/flagpole/Meshes/flagpole.samples
          [LightmapGeneration] : Error creating lightsampling!
          [LightmapGeneration] : Error loading lightsampling file: objects/common/flags/flagpole/Meshes/flagpole.samples
          *** Generating atlas lightmaps for [levels/smyrna/lightmaps/objects]... ***
          *** Done ***

thats like the 6-7 but still no difference.

Comment

now all of them are black

Comment

Clear your lightmaps directory and try again (compile -> lightmaps -> clear lightmaps directory i think)

Alot of things turn black when doing lightmaps because it think the sun is the only lightsource and because of this the areas where there is shadows it tends to be pitch black. That's what I think anyway,I havent done the final lightmaps on mine yet :\

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonBlaze
                Clear your lightmaps directory and try again (compile -> lightmaps -> clear lightmaps directory i think)

Alot of things turn black when doing lightmaps because it think the sun is the only lightsource and because of this the areas where there is shadows it tends to be pitch black. That's what I think anyway,I havent done the final lightmaps on mine yet :\
                did that...it took over 5-6 hours to render lightmaps for terrain and objects (final) now everything is dark they look very very bad and tweaking settings dont make much of a difference.

Comment

I just tested in the editor... but if you change "StaticSkyColor" to a dark color you will experience dark objects which are not in the direction of the sun. Change this to the whitest they will look normal. use pale colours to get the effect you want.

Comment

Working...
                  X