What takes more skill...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What takes more skill...

I was getting into an arguement with one of my clan mates that there is more skill flying the helicopter than there is the airplane.

Heres how I see it.

The helicopter is more vulnerable to attacks than the plane is. It is harder to control and doesnt have a missle lock. For the plane all you need to do is fly fast and drop bombs. Not really tough.

The only times that ive seen a plane vulnerable is when heat signals get crossed or when the pilot flies slow to take down blackhawks. Hell, I have taken down an plane once that was flying too slow in a helicopter.

Re: What takes more skill...

Id say both, why do u think choppers have that fast flare return system?
    Missile lock, well, planes dont need to use that, infact id rather kill with bullets. Id rather use my bombs all the time, and shoot the planes with bullets, since most of the time they wont notice ur behind them :P

Comment

lol, just swap to the bombs and follow the plane so they don't realise your behind them.

Comment

It's easeir to stay alive in a jet, but it's harder to kill in it. Bombing is pretty hard, unless you are in a bomer, but those can be taken easly out by fighters. In a heli you are more vanerable, but you can do more damage and capture flags, in a jet you are hard to kill but you can't damage flags and it's harder to kill.

Comment

its harder to fly a jet

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's a lot harder to do well with a jet. I like to think of myself as a pretty deadly attack chopper pilot, but put me in a plane, and I might as well just save myself the time and hit the suicide button right there.

Comment

To fly effectively, I would say the helicopter.

Comment

If you really want to get down to it, in real life helicopters crash more often in combat than jets do, for obvious reasons. Draw your conclusions from that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by kamandor
                  If you really want to get down to it, in real life helicopters crash more often in combat than jets do, for obvious reasons. Draw your conclusions from that fact.
                  So you're saying it takes more skill to fly the heli or the plane?

I guess it's all about preference.

Maybe I should have made a poll...

Comment

Apples & Oranges

Comment

i fly both and i find it quite a challenge for both because of different things in a plane especially american panes you have to watch out for other planes most of the time in a helo you really don't need to worry with that although in both you need to worry with SAMs and other AA and helos need to worry about tanks and AT rockets so there's many hazards but there's really no comparison just because they both fly doesn't mean they're comparable vehicles

Comment

I believe the chopper. Because if your a noob, YOU GET PWNED when flying.

And you need to be fast when getting a heat signal. You need to be fast and accurate when assaulting armor vechicles espicially aa.

The jet you gotta go over a target and cross your fingers as your bombs drop.

Comment

I'd say it takes more skill to be good at the helicopter. Anybody can be good at flying planes.

Comment

Working...
                          X