Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Disapointed - I update the Game.. Flickers then Desktop..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Disapointed - I update the Game.. Flickers then Desktop..

Ok, so i just buy the game, looking forward to playing on some servers.. And then i see there arent much servers, so i update the game to 1.2 or 1.1 or whatever ( The latest patch on the EA Site )

I load up the Game.. Then ... A few flickers and im back on the desktop!! What has happened! im sure i have the latest Video card drivers.. any ideas?!

Re: I'm Disapointed - I update the Game.. Flickers then Desktop..

What video card do you have and what settings do you run the game at? How much RAM do you have? Also you should update punkbuster if you haven't done so.

Comment

I have a 6600gt. I was running the settings with 1.0 on Medium with 4xAA and 1280x960.. Then i patched and now this happened. So i reinstalled again, and i left the settings very low ( 800x600 .. Low ) and Patched, but the same thing still happens.

1gb RAM PC3200. Like i said before this patch everything was fine. And how do i update Punkbuster if i cant get into the game?

Comment

Just found this Link.. http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16424... Im going to try this, ill tell you the result

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Vortex
          I load up the Game.. Then ... A few flickers and im back on the desktop!! What has happened! im sure i have the latest Video card drivers.. any ideas?!
          Do you mean it flickers before you can log in or after joining a server and loading the map?

Comment

Oh no, it flickers straight away.. Like i click the game.. It loads up for a second.. Flickers.. Back to desktop

Comment

Tried updating Punkbuster... Didnt seem to work

Comment

Ok that is weird, try this one thing just to see if it has an effect:
                C:\program files\ea games\battlefield 2\mods\bf2\movies in this folder are a bunch of files with the extension **.bik . Change the extensions on them all the .bike by renaming them.

If that has no effect I would uninstall the game, delete all files and folders associated with the game and the registry keys. Check for new drivers. Then install the game, patch, pb update

Comment

That didnt work either.. Ill try Uninstalling it and doing all that, ill try doing a few more things though first

Comment

Have you tried looking in your patchlog.txt in ...\My Documents\Battlefield 2\dmp\.. it will tell if the patched skipped some important files, e.g. if it skipped bf2.exe the game won't start.

Other than than try moving your 0001 0002 etc. folders to the Desktop and the start the game, these hold settings like audio, game, keyboard and video, so if this is a video conflict in BF2 it will most likely start up with lower and default settings, and you can then retrieve your account and set game settings again.

Best thing is probably to uninstall and remove all leftover files from the BF2 folder in My Documents and where the game was installed and probably also removing all relevant registry values fro BF2. The reinstall and skip the 1.1 patch and just use the 1.2 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
                      Have you tried looking in your patchlog.txt in ...\My Documents\Battlefield 2\dmp\.. it will tell if the patched skipped some important files, e.g. if it skipped bf2.exe the game won't start.

Other than than try moving your 0001 0002 etc. folders to the Desktop and the start the game, these hold settings like audio, game, keyboard and video, so if this is a video conflict in BF2 it will most likely start up with lower and default settings, and you can then retrieve your account and set game settings again.

Best thing is probably to uninstall and remove all leftover files from the BF2 folder in My Documents and where the game was installed and probably also removing all relevant registry values fro BF2. The reinstall and skip the 1.1 patch and just use the 1.2 patch.
                      OK sweet as. I just Uninstalled it.. And removed everything i could find in the Registry. Ill now try install it and Go straight to 1.2 and Do what you said.. Cheers

Comment

Oh and btw.. When it is Installed ( Currently Installing ) and i goto Update the Game to 1.2... should i do the PB Update right away? Or..

Comment

Installed Game and Patch.. Im updating PunkBuster now

Comment

Aha! I found the problem. I think it was because i was using the 1.0V **** Image for the game.. with the 1.2 patch, as when i Uninstalled it and Reinstalled, Patched it up and Put in the CD ( before putting the **** Crack in) it worked fine, then i did the ****Crack in and it didnt work at all...Lol. So there we go!

Comment

Working...
                            X