Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Lots of Maps...but no Place to Play??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Lots of Maps...but no Place to Play??

HI

Where are all of these cool new maps being played?

Re: Getting Lots of Maps...but no Place to Play??

It's true, there aren't enough custom map servers at this time.

Comment

[PsL] Server #2 Custom Maps IP#65.163.202.152:16567

I believe this is a weekends 24/7 server, and weekdays after 5 PM CST.

Comment

its because they have to be hosted, to just run custom and people have to "know" to d/l to play them.

There should be a way to join servers and automatically download the maps supported by them, this would be an idle system.

So itll be awhile before custom maps are "Largely" played

Comment

which folder do u save the map file to?

Comment

Originally posted by -X$B-Trivium
            which folder do u save the map file to?
            x:\Programme\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels

There to and here is our Custom Map Server with the Mapcycle running on it:

Atm the following Maps are in the Cycle:

- ULUWATU CITY
            - BAGHADJA STATION
            - JUNGLE (BETA 1.1)
            - MEDINA CITY
            - HIGHWAY
            - ASSAULT ON SINGALESE
            - FACTORY WAR
            - ATTACK AT TAIMING
            - JUNGLE STREAM
            - OPERATION IW
            - BLACK HAWK HUNT 1.1
            - THE HILL
            - THE WAY TO TOP

If you have any questions, just send me an email to admin@act-of-war.de.

Wolfseye

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
              Wolfs Eye, good to see Act of War is taking the leaad in organizing a dedicated server to Custom Map play....cool.

Soso

OH, WOLF>>>>
              If you happen to come back to this page......
              Cant get Baghadja to run....get CTSD after map loads and offers "to join."

Any word on this?

Comment

we are actually in the process of starting a new server just for custom made maps. I will have a 64 unranked server starting on tuesday and a 32 player teamspeak server. teamspeak server will be used for map questions. i think it is much better to get in teamspeak and ask questions about your map (crashes, lightmaps, etc) in person and get an immediate response. i talked to our moderator about this and he is working on it. it will be officially announced as the total BF2 community custom map server. just hang in there couple more days and you ll have your server

Comment

Originally posted by SgtSoso
                  Thanks for the replies.
                  OH, WOLF>>>>
                  If you happen to come back to this page......
                  Cant get Baghadja to run....get CTSD after map loads and offers "to join."

Any word on this?
                  Hmm, sorry. I have absolutely no Problem loading & entering this Map, never crashed to Desktop because of some like this.
                  When I hear something, I will tell you.

Wolfseye

Comment

Originally posted by -=FTG General Tso=-
                    [PsL] Server #2 Custom Maps IP#65.163.202.152:16567

I believe this is a weekends 24/7 server, and weekdays after 5 PM CST.
                    Well its currently up 24/7. Media city has been added to the rotation. Post up on our forums and we will add requests. The good maps will stay

Comment

We have a server that is dedicated to Custom maps as well

Custom Maps - PSKClan.com
                      66.148.84.231:16567

I upload all the maps I can find and put them into standard rotation.
                      1 round per map, and map will start with as soon as someone joins it so you don't have to wait for others to join to check it out.

For any map makers out there that need a place to test, just PM and I will put it up as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Avicus|PSK
                        We have a server that is dedicated to Custom maps as well

Custom Maps - PSKClan.com
                        66.148.84.231:16567

I upload all the maps I can find and put them into standard rotation.
                        1 round per map, and map will start with as soon as someone joins it so you don't have to wait for others to join to check it out.

For any map makers out there that need a place to test, just PM and I will put it up as soon as possible.
                        i just tried all of the servers, i usually (not actually usually, 99% of the time) get a ping under 60-70 in ranked servers, but my ping didnt go below 200 in both servers. is this a known issue with custom maps or the servers? i played online with my friends before. We had played 4 maps which i made and at all times, everyone's ping was under 90s and that was a dedicated server which i hosted from my computer (we usually had 6-7 players). I don't know, maybe i am wrong, but i did try joining those servers a few times but i just couldnt even move around by myself and there were no other players.

Comment

So we have to download the maps from somewhere? We can't load them from the servers?

Comment

Originally posted by way21337
                            So we have to download the maps from somewhere? We can't load them from the servers?
                            The Maps in my Server´s Mapcycle are linked in my first comment in this Thread. And so far I know, there seems no autodownload server-side to be in BF2 so far. Unfortunately...

Originally posted by maranello
                            i just tried all of the servers, i usually (not actually usually, 99% of the time) get a ping under 60-70 in ranked servers, but my ping didnt go below 200 in both servers. is this a known issue with custom maps or the servers? i played online with my friends before. We had played 4 maps which i made and at all times, everyone's ping was under 90s and that was a dedicated server which i hosted from my computer (we usually had 6-7 players). I don't know, maybe i am wrong, but i did try joining those servers a few times but i just couldnt even move around by myself and there were no other players.
                            And talking about the ping, I don´t think that Custom Maps make a worse ping than other Maps. On my Server, and its not locally or something, I have a ping between 9 - 13 all the time.

Its a german Server, located in Frankfurt / Germany and its at least 300 KM away from me. On other Servers in Europe the ping is around 10 - 40, depends.

Wolfseye

Comment

Just about all of the custom maps that are out are on here...

Also the maps are hosted on the site but you have to register if you want to download them.

Comment

Working...
                              X