Should I upgrade to L85A1 (Medic)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I upgrade to L85A1 (Medic)?

I know this has been a topic people have brought up before. But as a medic Im tired of 3 rnd bursts or semi-auto. The L85 seems to be the answer to this problem. But Ive heard mixed opinions on the accuracy and damage. A friend told me its really accuarate and better damage then the m16. Ive also read ppl saying the gun sucks. I play as a medic most of the time. Ive noticed that I get killed a lot by other medics with L85's so they dont seem to be that bad. Also its nice having that scope so you can take out snipers. However, the PKM has caught my eye. I took one off a of enemy and noticed thats a killing machine:ar15:. So I was just wondering what your thoughts are. PKM vs L85A1. But keep in mind in my case I play mostly as a medic. I play support when there are no support guys or to many medics are jacking my revive points.

-- Thanks.

Re: Should I upgrade to L85A1 (Medic)?

Well I tried the gun and all I can say is I don't use it ever. Yes people say how accurate it is but sometimes I can't even touch the enemy where if I had a M4 or M16 in my hand I could of taken him down so much easier.

Comment

If you're tired of 3 round burst and single shot then the L85 is not your answer. It's great on single shot but it's not a cqb weapon.

Comment

same as all above. Its not that great of a weapon at all. I made the mistake of unlocking it and I never use it. I prefer to use even the M16 over that but above all if youre on MEC or China especially then the L85 would be a downgrade from the basic weapons. The AK-101 is far better than the L85.

Comment

The L85A1 was my first unlock and it’s still my first love... I hardly EVER use it in full auto mode unless I'm desperate and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. When in one shot mode its essentially an SVD albeit weaker but with a much higher round capacity. In other words.. GET IT!!

Comment

L85 - Good single shot | obscene recoil on full-auto bordering on useless. The only time I use this gun over the M16, is when we are pinned down at one flag and are forced to have a rifle war.

PKM - Good weapon in the right situation.. I don't have much luck with it, but for some reason I still think it's a cool gun. I prefer the SAW/RPK for their superior ROF/accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Folgrin
              ... I play as a medic most of the time. ........... keep in mind in my case I play mostly as a medic.
              This says to me, grab it!
              Remember you don't have to use your unlocked gun - if you prefer the AK101, you can still use it.

The L85 was my first unlock, and I love it! Even though I am playing anti-tank more these days, when I play an infantry map and get the L85 in my hands again I'm always glad I got it.

Read up on peoples tips about how to use it of course... Keep your distance, single shot or two round bursts etc. Don't expect to use it like the assault weapon or anything, however emptying the clip in auto mode when someone runs around a corner at you will still produce results!

... and yes, as everyone says, the 2x scope and accuracy is excellent. When people bag the accuracy, it's because they are seeing the bullet deviation at 2x!

Comment

Hey, I was looking at some of my old pics and I was wondering if this dude is using a L85?

Comment

looks like it

Comment

Originally posted by sturmvogel
                    Hey, I was looking at some of my old pics and I was wondering if this dude is using a L85?

Yeah, Britain's standard issue rifle is the SA80.

Comment

nice pic and he is and also i perfer the l85a1 you should get it!!!!!oh and the G3 is very good!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin123456789
                        nice pic and he is and also i perfer the l85a1 you should get it!!!!!oh and the G3 is very good!

Holy shit, your signature is HUGE. :thatsbad: :shock: :shock:

Comment

Yeah and it's the same signature OVER AND OVER.....why?

Comment

its gone now

Comment

No... No Questions. No

Comment

Working...
                              X