My comp crashes when trying to test my mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My comp crashes when trying to test my mod

I have searched the forums but I cannot find a solution? I did the first two tutorials that came with the editor. When I go to test the map I have created... the game crashes to my desktop? I did everything step by step like the tutorials said? Please help!

Re: My comp crashes when trying to test my mod

Somebody must have had this problem too?

Comment

Originally posted by Odinpalen
      Somebody must have had this problem too?
      Go to your battlefield 2 icon and right click it then go to properties. Then go to the "Shortcut" tab and look under "Target". Change "+fullscreen 1" to "+fullscreen 0", this enables the debug mode which tells you what causes crashes/problems with the mod.

Comment

Couldnt open TAI file "level\testing01\Overgrowth\
        OvergrowthAtlas.tai

The name of my map is testing01

If anybody has any information please help. I really want to be a modder!

Comment

Please help

Comment

Ok so I made a new map and all I put in it was two bases and a spawn point for each base. Base one and base two with a different army for each base. No textures buildings or anything. The game loaded all the way up with no errors to the point where I can click join. When I click join it crashes to my desktop????? WTF and now there is no error report. WTF WTF

Comment

Change your video settings to medium

Comment

Yeah my settings are on low, also I can play any map on bf2, I also made my map size 256. Which is the smallest. If there are any other answers please help me. This reminds me of trying to make levels in Enemy Territory, you needed duct tape just to make a map.

Comment

Ok am I stupid? Am I retarded? I just don't know. I have even tried using the example map in tutorial 2 and saving the map into the levels folder. When i go to test it, it does not even show up on the list to add to the map rotation. All the other maps I made which will not work are there? Why is this happening? The only reason I bought this game was for the editor. You know for the supposed editor that works, the official bf2 editor. This sucks and there is zero help on this matter either. dead in the water and I cant even get past the god damn second tutorial. WTF!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X