Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little help

Hi

Just wondering if there is a way of removing the intro movies, everytime bf2 starts up?
    Also, how do you put you nick in colour? Ive seen some nicks having orange colour, etc?

Thanks.

Re: little help

*Moved to client support.

Please, please post in the right sections.

Comment

You could try a search you know?

Here's the nick thingy :

Comment

I just deleted all of the movies. Causes no problems whatsoever and the game starts soooo much faster.

Comment

sorry about posting on wrong forum ..
          thanks for the nickname info .. i did do a search for the intro movies bit, totally forgot about searching for coloured nicks - sorry

where do u delete the movies from? could u pls give me folder location
          thanks

Comment

Disabling the Intro Movies

The introductory movies to BF2, although fun to watch the first couple of times, fast become quite annoying, adding to the startup times for the game, as well as the memory usage (the main movie is 135MB in size). To disable them permanently, I don't recommend deleting the movie files - this may cause problems with verification of client information on certain servers and/or with Punkbuster.

Instead, simply rename the relevant files in your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies\ directory to something else (e.g. rename the Intro.bik to Intro.backup). The files to rename are: Dice.bik, EA.bik, Intro.bik, Legal.bik and Welcome.bik. This will mean the intro movies are all skipped as BF2 starts to load. If you find the movies playing in the background of the Login screen and Settings screens annoying, you can also rename the menu.bik and menu_loggedin.bik to something else as well.

Removing all movies from the game can save over 250MB of data being loaded up during the start of the game and being placed into memory - this will help smooth your gameplay particularly for those with less RAM. If for any reason you experience any problems with the game after renaming the movies, simply rename them back to their original names.

Source - TweakGuides.com

Comment

Hitting Esc helps as well. . .

Comment

even esier if you use Autoloader it skips them plus its a great server finder

Comment

thnx heaps!

Comment

Working...
                  X