Solution for the fire/smoke bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution for the fire/smoke bug

I found out of the bug. It is not fixed but this is the only way that I have found to make it work without triggering the bug.

OK, the thing about fire is that it shares the same physics as the water ( it assume ). BF2 operates with some logical rules, and among them it seems that there is not supposed to water on terrain.

Therefore do we get the crashes as we approach fire. The soultion is to place the fire above the ground untill you can see no light reflected from the fire on the ground. This is rather high up from the ground. About the height of a window.

The reason is this: We see the fire, but not the 3Dbox it is placed within. This box is larger than the fire, therefore it must be kept above ground, as it is the box that creates the bug becaus it has the physics of water.

Then how to solve this if your map crashes. Delete every fire and smoke from your map, then save all. Then go into bf2\mods\bf2\levels\yourlevel and find the .con file named ambeienteffects.con. Delete it. Start the editor again, load your map and select save all. Then it shouls be OK. Then place fire and smoke as I described.

Re: Solution for the fire/smoke bug

Nice thanks alot for the post.

I'll try this soon.

Comment

@Jorrtappen, you should post that in the FAQ thread

Comment

Great thanks alot for the info man!

Comment

Working...
        X