Hey guys, I recently installed a BF2 Server on my:

Linux Box
    P4 3.2GHZ
    1GB RAM
    nVidia 5200 128MB
    40GB HDD
    1.5Mbit D/L
    512Kbit U/L

Using the wonderful guide at http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/ba...x_server_setup

And it all went fine until I ran the server. Everything worked and I started up the server and up the top I noticed that it said IP:10.0.0.4:16567 (LAN). Now I would like to have this server available for my clan's practises. A clan member tried joining and recieved a 'server not found' message and I recieved a 'Your version differs to the servers' message. I know this is because the servers running on my LAN, but the different version error I don't understand. I installed bf2-linuxded-1.0.2442.0-installer.zip so I shouldn't have any problems with the version.

The questions are:
    1. How do I change the server to run on the internet? (I tried changing sv.internet to 1, and still no help. Also I think I need to enter an ip in the sv.serverIP "" line but how would I find the box's IP? Im unfamiliar with linux. Hey I did well to get this far! )

2. If there is a server version difference between the server and the client. Where could I update the latest server file. (bf2-linuxded-1.0.2442.0-installer.zip seems to be the latest version of the linux dedicated server in the ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc folder.)

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks in advance for any help.
    Kemmy

Re: Linux BF2 Server Problems

is it behind a NAT router? like natting the 10.0.0.1 network addresses? if so just make the linx box part of the DMZ and run IPTABLES on it.

if not, you need to make sure that eth0 or eth1 has a properly configured external IP address and then bind the server to that address with the serversettings.con file and the "IP" selections within (there are 2 if memory serves).

Your not running a firewall are you? that would easily stop it.

Munson

Comment

Re: Linux BF2 Server Problems

Don't worry it's all fixed. I had to redownload and install the newer server file. And now it's not giving me a software error. I allowed port 16567 as well. Also I couldn't connect cause I was trying to join the external IP. I tried joining the internal and it all worked.

Thanks anyway.
      Kemmy

Comment

Working...
      X