Missle Strafing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missle Strafing

Anyone have any tips on shooting missles with Heli's? I can fly well, take off, land, hover, and manuever well. On some servers though, there are people who can hover and fire missles at a downward angle. Everytime I try this, I tilt forward and either crash into the ground (depending on altitude) or just lose my target. Any tips will be welcome. Thanks

Re: Missle Strafing

how do you land?

Comment

The trick is...

Practice how many missiles you can fire until you need to pull up. If you tilt forward, you will move forward and downwards. There is no magical solution! I hate to preach, but it's all about practice, practice, practice!

Comment

Usually you land by touching the wheels to the ground... Preferably at a minimal rate of descent with minimal forward speed... Really, you can land at any speed and rate of descent, but then it turns out much worse for the helicopter... (and pilot)...

Comment

With the wheeled heli's you can practically come in like an aircraft I found.

I really like on Sharqi when i'm nearly dead I dive behind the TV Station and down the cliff to hug the water, come in fast and low, flare up at the right time and settle on the pad.

Comment

With the heli's with skids, you hover over your landing zone and feather (press and release rapidly) the down key, whatever yours may be.

Thanks for the rapid response, JDUB, and I do practice, but it seems like they just hover and don't go down at all. I was just wondering if this is just an optical illusion or if there's some trick. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X