BF2 Will Not Install, No Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Will Not Install, No Error Message

Ok, so last night I went in to play Battlefield 2 and everytime I attempted to join a server it would connect and then just go back to the server browser screen without warning so i just blew it off...Today, same thing. So I was told I need to uninstall and install again and I went in uninstalled, cleared registry, everything. All clean.

So I try to install and the installshield loads up all the way and it just goes away to the desktop. I tried everything - installing in safe mode, copy disk images to hard drive and installing manually - and I get the same problem. I've even ran a virus scan (it found some sort of sun/java virus, which i deleted, looked for traces of and tried everything again to make sure that wasn't the problem).

Now I'm just SOL, can anyone help me? I'm about this close *raising hand up showing a pinching sign with his index finger and thumb* to reformatting.

Re: BF2 Will Not Install, No Error Message

More information....

My Battlefield 2 installation is still showing up in add/remove programs (even though I've removed everything battlefield off my computer) and when I try to uninstall, a similar error happens. Installshield gets to 100% and there is a flicker of the upcoming window and it exits.

Comment

Ran system restore to Tuesday, problem fixed. Since it was a widespread problem I believe it had to with a program update? which one?

Comment

You are able to edit your posts you know.

On topic: probably some sloppy process somewhere has messed up the install information for BF2, try applying the patches again in safe mode.

Comment

yo dude I had the exact same problem! I eventually reformatted and it was fine but I think I have a faulty disk because there were a few errors in my installation and I can't uninstall or I can't install 1.02!

Comment

Working...
          X