Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maps, modders producing any?

hello folks,
    i know that the b2 mod tool was released a few weeks ago, are any peeps making different maps/gameplay? and are these being played on any ranked servers currently? any info posted here would be hopeful....dont even say use the search for you wise guys....there's a reason im making this post!

Re: maps, modders producing any?

Originally posted by Disconnect=the=X
    any info posted here would be hopeful....dont even say use the search for you wise guys....there's a reason im making this post!

Funny that you didn't spot the modding and map making forums then

There are a handful of mods out at the moment. I play the Project Reality one a lot.

As for maps, download and install Yahoo! All Seeing Eye and filter the 6000 odd servers by map/other. You'll get a list of 60 servers all running new maps.

213.149.245.100:16567 is Ranked running Jungle Stream

205.234.166.66:16567 runs several new maps.

Because you have to know which map a server is running before you can connect (you must download the map first) I'd say use ASE to find these servers.

Comment

I'm assuming that the new maps are on pubs and are NON-ranked, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by AT39
        I was under the impression that EA didn't allow user created maps on ranked servers, I just checked that Spanis $niper squad server running Jungle_Stream, it's Ranked server setting is enabled.

Now where do you download the maps? There were only two people on it right now, 32 player server I think you need 9 to get it going right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
          I was under the impression that EA didn't allow user created maps on ranked servers, I just checked that Spanis $niper squad server running Jungle_Stream, it's Ranked server setting is enabled.

Now where do you download the maps? There were only two people on it right now, 32 player server I think you need 9 to get it going right?
          I'd like to know know what url to d/l some of these maps and IP's...thanks for the help u guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
            Funny that you didn't spot the modding and map making forums then

There are a handful of mods out at the moment. I play the Project Reality one a lot.

As for maps, download and install Yahoo! All Seeing Eye and filter the 6000 odd servers by map/other. You'll get a list of 60 servers all running new maps.

213.149.245.100:16567 is Ranked running Jungle Stream

205.234.166.66:16567 runs several new maps.

Because you have to know which map a server is running before you can connect (you must download the map first) I'd say use ASE to find these servers.
            Thanks man, but are these ranked servers?

Comment

Originally posted by AT39

YEP you think ea would be that nice to us heh

Comment

Well, like I said in my other post it seems the $panish $niper $quad server running Jungle_Stream map is ranked,we would need enough people to join up and see if we gain any stat points playing on a cutom map, 9 atleast because it's a 32 player server.

Jungle_Stream is a really tiny map, 5 meg in size

Junglestream.zip

post here if you want to test this out, when you unzip it make sure you place it in the right folder \Battlefield2\mods\bf2\Levels\Jungle_Stream, if you extract the zip file to your Levels directory you might create ...\Levels\Junglestream\Jungle_Stream, that won't work move the Jungle_Stream folder back to the root Levels folder.

That's it, then join the server.

Comment

I'm creating an air to air dogfight map atm but am not even close to finishing.

Comment

In case someone didn't read my first post (and based on the replies it's kinda clear)

TotalBF2 has a mapping forum where you can download new maps.

If I said in my first post that a server was ranked it's because it is, no need to ask again

Ranked servers are not really supposed to run custom maps. The whole point is that all ranked servers are the same so no one has an advantage over someone else. In order to put a map on a ranked server you need to have ftp access which you're not *supposed* to get when you hire ranked but some game hosts give it anyhow (it's against EA's terms).

Comment

Well that sucks, I guess it's just a matter of time before EA pulls their plug. I wish there was some sort of "submit a map" program that you could get your map approved for ranked play. I can understand why they want to keep a cap on it though, less people upset with servers they can't join and more money for them when they release "official add-ons"

Thanks for the heads up though, appreciated.

Comment

*Moved to modding.

Comment

Of course the worst thing IMHO is that you need to have downloaded the map in advance and can't grab it from the server you're connecting to like most FPS games that I've tried.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                            Ranked servers are not really supposed to run custom maps. The whole point is that all ranked servers are the same so no one has an advantage over someone else.
                            Like allowing a script to kick off a player so a clan player can play? Do these scripts kick people in a fair manner? I say let them be ranked with new maps. They should just have a flag off to the side. Maybe with the 1.3 patch.

Comment

Working...
                            X