Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the e-mail of an BF2 account

hi

do you know how to Change the e-mail of an BF2 account ? the one you use when you register ?
    and i don´t have a gamespy account.

Tks

Re: Changing the e-mail of an BF2 account

You do have a gamespy account. It's the one that you use to log into BF:2

Comment

mmm, do you know how to change the e-mail ?
      because i know my username and password for bf2 , but i don´t remember what e-mail i used when i played for the first time , i think i must have mistiped my account because i never recieved any mail from ea .

Comment

Ahh, I don't know of anyway to change your e-mail without loggin in first (wor which you need your e-mail of course) !

You could try asking on the Gamespy forums :

Comment

Can't you do this:

1)
          retrieve the account in BF2 with nick + pass

2)
          then look in ....\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles and look in 0001 or 0002 etc. for the file Profile.con and the email will be listed in there.

3)
          Then go to http://www.gamespyid.com and log in with that email and your pass and then alter the email to another one, and it will keep your nick.

Comment

Thank you very much , will try it as soon as i get home !

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
              Can't you do this:

1)
              retrieve the account in BF2 with nick + pass

2)
              then look in ....\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles and look in 0001 or 0002 etc. for the file Profile.con and the email will be listed in there.

3)
              Then go to http://www.gamespyid.com and log in with that email and your pass and then alter the email to another one, and it will keep your nick.
              hmm theres no file 0001 or 0002 and in the file profile.con no email either:
              "LocalProfile.setDefaultUserEmail ""
              LocalProfile.setDefaultUserPassword ""
              LocalProfile.setDefaultGSProfile ""
              what can i do?

Comment

Originally posted by rauber
                hmm theres no file 0001 or 0002 and in the file profile.con no email either:
                "LocalProfile.setDefaultUserEmail ""
                LocalProfile.setDefaultUserPassword ""
                LocalProfile.setDefaultGSProfile ""
                what can i do?
                Do you have the exact same problem as the org poster or do you just have to change your password or email???

Comment

ur really fast man

yes

i´m playing BF2 with an account i created in the demo version!
                  Now (i have the full version) im still playing with this account!
                  i dont want to create a new one. (lots o points)

My problem is that the email i registred (in the game) is like "efjhfehefhef" because i didn´t care because it was the demo! i know my nickname and the password. But what if one day EA requests a login with the email of all users?

i created a second gs account yesterday and changed the email for my ingame ea account nickname (thats possible) (now i have two nicknames in my gs account)
                  but ea email and ea password is still the same. my problem is: how can i change the ea email?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
                    Do you have the exact same problem as the org poster or do you just have to change your password or email???
                    ur really fast man

yes

My problem is that the email i registred (in the game) is like "efjhfehefhef" because i didn´t care because it was the demo! i know my nickname and the password. But what if one day EA requests a login with the email of all users?

i created a second gs account yesterday and changed the email for my ingame ea account nickname (thats possible) (now i have two nicknames in my gs account)
                    but ea email and ea password is still the same. my problem is: how can i change the ea email?

Comment

ur really fast man

yes

When you in the login screen i BF2 retrieve your online account, it creates the profile in one of the folders above in My Documents folder show above.

If you are able to log into and play online already with the account you wish to change email of , then there's no need to retrieve the account, and the info should be in the one of the 0001 0002 folders.
                      So the file where your email would be in is ....\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000X\profile.con. I think you are looking in the wrong folder in Profiles.

Comment

ye already found my email, but can´t change it anywhere

Comment

ye already found my email, but can´t change it anywhere
                          What happens when you log into http://www.gamespyid.com and in the profile there change it to something else and save it??

After you change it in there you have to 1) delete you profiles and retrieve profile, or 2) alter the old email to the new in your profile.con.

Comment

no. doesnt work
                            i think u cant change the inagme email. as its said in the readmetxt of bf2

Comment

no. doesnt work
                              i think u cant change the inagme email. as its said in the readmetxt of bf2
                              It worked for me and other here on the forum too, the only thing that doesn't work is changing nick.

Are you sure that after changing it in at gamespyid.com that you also changed the email in the right profile.con so the profile.con contains your origianl nick, new email and password.

Also if you tried to change nick that could also be the cause. If you change the nick at gamespyid.com it is changed there only and it might show it in BFHQ, but not in game and the changed name can't be used for log in with.

Comment

Working...
                              X