Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9800 pro overclocking (ignore my prev post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9800 pro overclocking (ignore my prev post)

Hi all

Well i am new to all this overclocking stuff but i have read a few things and tried to increase my knowledge as best i could. I have a few queries though:

I am overclocking a ATI radeon 9800 pro 128mb using Ati Tool, My drivers are DNA 5.7

1: When i run the find max core on the ati tool does it find the highest stable rating including heat? Or is the heat side of things i have to monitor myself and if so where? I am using the stock card and don't want to buy extra parts.

2: I did the find highest core and it came with a result of 428.83 (stock 380) and that was stable for a good few hours or so. But when i try the memory overclock it only goes up to about 334 (stock 330). Why is that? and is it normal? Could my drivers be affecting the results?

3: Is it safe to operate the card with a big increase in core and only a minor increase in memory?

Thankyou for your help

Can anyone help me???

Comment

happens to me too. no matter what card u use it wont let u overclock the memory much. so just stick with it.

also how do u find the temperature on ur card. i got the same one dont know

Comment

Working...
      X