AT mine placement guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT mine placement guidelines

Sorry if this has been covered before but "Search" is not working for me. Something wrong with my browser.
    Could someone give me some advice on the correct placement of AT mines?
    Whenever I place mines, I warn the team of their location etc. but I still get TK punished. Puts me off using the Engy
    Thanks

Originally posted by kali.mist
    Sorry if this has been covered before but "Search" is not working for me. Something wrong with my browser.
    Could someone give me some advice on the correct placement of AT mines?
    Whenever I place mines, I warn the team of their location etc. but I still get TK punished. Puts me off using the Engy
    Thanks
    It has since been blocked by EA.
    It is still usable though for Single Player but you will have to change it back then AGAIN for Multi Player.

Comment

Originally posted by maforduk
      It has since been blocked by EA.
      It is still usable though for Single Player but you will have to change it back then AGAIN for Multi Player.
      maford, do you mean that AT mine TK's have been swicthed off in the new patch??

Comment

- Don't block the passages to the main base or any other passages.
        - Make sure their is room for friendly vehicles to pass without too much trouble.

Example:
        --XXX
        -----
        -----
        -----
        XXX--

- Don't place them just around corners.
        - Don't place them just under the top of a slope since friendlies can't see them (enemy can't see them either, but you will get more TK's)

Comment

Major glitch in game is that you don't know what's that thing on road... they all have same skull and bones icon on them. If they only looked different, it would help, maybe. Sometimes teammates assume that that thing on road is C4 and boom they go, punishing you of course.

Comment

Engies need to have a Wooden Mine Field Sign in their equipment. They can place the sign well in front of the mine field they layed and this will give all friendlies a well in advanced notice. If they drive through it, it should be a reversed PTK....the Engy gets to punish them for being smacktards!

Comment

Originally posted by kali.mist
              maford, do you mean that AT mine TK's have been swicthed off in the new patch??
              My apologies...For some reason, my PC quoted and replied to the WRONG POST!
              What I said is incorrect...I hope it does get fixed in the next patch though.

There is no correct placement...just the people who runover them and then blame you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttopi
                Major glitch in game is that you don't know what's that thing on road... they all have same skull and bones icon on them. If they only looked different, it would help, maybe. Sometimes teammates assume that that thing on road is C4 and boom they go, punishing you of course.
                That's why you always assume you're approaching mines in the road, and just drive around them. Duh.

Comment

Re: AT mine placement guidelines

Originally posted by 193d Klink
                  Engies need to have a Wooden Mine Field Sign in their equipment. They can place the sign well in front of the mine field they layed and this will give all friendlies a well in advanced notice. If they drive through it, it should be a reversed PTK....the Engy gets to punish them for being smacktards!
                  Would be fun to place a sign like that at places where their are no mines.
                  The enemy would be forced into another direction where the mines are really placed

But i see more disadvantages of using such a sign.

Comment

Originally posted by CS-Evolution
                    That's why you always assume you're approaching mines in the road, and just drive around them. Duh.
                    It's very suprising that they always drive over them, not even try to go past them...

Comment

There are a couple of good guides on the site. Try nimski’s fairly comprehensive engineer guide:

Also, I posted an mining guide myself some time ago:

Just remember, there’s no such thing as foolproof mine placement. The fools work too damn hard. I remember placing some mines at the base of a cliff in FuShe Pass that enemy APCs kept tumbling down in an attempt to get the drop on our defenses. Despite the fact that it’s impossible to drive up the cliff in question and parking at the bottom of it affords absolutely no effective line of sight to anything (to shoot the enemy while they’re at the top of the cliff one needs to be at a distance) a friendly still managed to run over my mines and punish me for it. I imagine that if you placed a mine at one of the far corners of the map where no reasonable person would ever go some chump would still find a way to get there, blow themselves up and punish you.

Comment

reverse PTK I say, for the tool-sheds that drive over friendly mines.

Comment

after a couple of months of BF2 game play...all the present patterns have been revealed..its time to come up with more creative ways to kill...keep this in mind as you lay your mines, remember we all lay mines in the obvious spots..so change them

"your best defense is to counter your own offense stratagies"
                          Z9

Comment

i was playing on zatar wetlands the other day, and some idiot enginner mined every exit to the middle node with mines so no vehicles could come in or out. i asked him nicely to move the mines or i would run into them and get a tk, he obviously didnt, so i plowed the tank right into them and the explosion also killed 2 other friendlies nearby. hopefully the idiot will learn his lesson

Comment

Originally posted by CS-Evolution

Not so true, some bonehead sniper will throw a claymore in the middle of a road every now and then and by the time your close enough to see what it is [on foot] ....BOOM !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X