Please help me out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me out.

Hello, I'm new to the BF2 editor. I am going through the tutorials, I have my map made. when I want to test my map I pick it from the list and once it is loaded I click Join Game. As soon as I click join the game - Crash To Desktop!

Any help on this?

Thanks in advance

Does no one know this? I've posted in 3 other site forums and had 0 replies too.

Comment

Better luck in the mod forum. You are talking about a player made map, right?

Comment

not really. No1 reads the mods forum, i have only had a couple of views in hours. this has 100+ people reading.

Comment

You have to test it on a LAN server. No custom made maps work on SP

Comment

Yes i have the same problem as those two people have.
            Doesn't look like that guy got a reply either (apart from a guy saying he has the same problem). sigh

EDIT: reply to Way21337

I know that, you can't even pick a player made map from the single player list. My map fully loads but CTD when i click join game.

Comment

Your way ahead of us. All those tools for mod/map making is in beta (Open BEta MOD editor). That is what I see in the download section. If it wasn't in Beta..I would be joining you. I found this..

Comment

Originally posted by Winnuting
                not really. No1 reads the mods forum, i have only had a couple of views in hours. this has 100+ people reading.
                That sucks. Hope you find your fix though. I read mod stuff from tile to time. If I see something I will put it here for ya.

Comment

Well if you posted in the mapping forums you will find the right people that are able to answer your question.

Comment

Make sure in your video options that your terrain is set to Medium Settings. This may be your problem.

Comment

Re: Please help me out.

Isn't this more of the set all the detail levels in the game options to medium problem? After setting the detail levels to medium all problems like this one ceased to exist for me...

Comment

Re: Please help me out.

It's just Terrain which needs to be set to medium, the rest can be whatever you want... This issue is being addressed in the 1.03 patch

Comment

Working...
                        X