Keyboard Keys Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard Keys Stick

Thats what happens in game and only for this game. Usally left, right, up, down they stick except not the actuall keys stick but just ingame they act as if they stick and once release a key it keeps moving in that dirrection till I double tap the key again for it to stop.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or it could be hardware problem I don't think it is because only happens for this one game.

Re: Keyboard Keys Stick

This thread is pretty old, but I'd like to find out if you fixed this and what kind of system you've got. I've had this problem too - running uncontrollably, helicopters that won't stop spinning - and haven't found much info about it anywhere else. Here's what I know so far:
    1. a friend of mine has almost the same system as me - never had this happen
    2. other forums have reported this as caused by ati tools, but I have an nvidia card
    3. happens to me only in single player, but once, for just a few seconds online
    4. like P3teR, only happens in BF2. other games are fine.

I've recently been troubleshooting other lock-up problems unrelated to BF, and the cause of that problem was poor cooling and/or bad power supply. I've replaced the PSU and improved CPU cooling and so far so good. I'm thinking that in single player the cpu heats up more, causing it to slow down, which might cause the uncontrolable running.

Anways, wondering if anyone ever answered this issue.

Comment

lousy keyboard? did you try cleaning your keyboard? as in take out all the keys and wiping off the dust? ( dont forget where the keys go after u take them out, arrange them).

Comment

Originally posted by venny
        lousy keyboard? did you try cleaning your keyboard? as in take out all the keys and wiping off the dust? ( dont forget where the keys go after u take them out, arrange them).
        Rather than doing that, either borrow someone elses keyboard or shop around for a cheap kb to try. At Fry's, they have some for $8.00. I have seen some at Target for $10.

Comment

It's not the keyboard. My keyboard was new when I started happening and I've tried swapping keyboards. Also, it doesn't happen anywhere else, only BF2. Besides, in the game, if it sticks while I'm sprinting, I don't get tired - just keep running. It happens intermittently, and varies from never happening in a game to happening almost every time I move. Also, it varies from sticking for a second or so, to Forrest Gump-like running or tank without brakes.

Here's what I've tried so far to fix it:
          Swapped the mouse
          Adjusted mouse and keyboard settings - timing for repeating keys, etc.
          Updated chipset and video drivers
          Reinstalled windows - including reformatting the disk
          Checked the hard disk with seatools
          Checked ram with memtest86
          checked cpu with prime95
          (all of these with no problems)
          Swapped in a new power supply
          Swapped in a new optical drive
          Flashed the BIOS

I may be forgetting something...
          After reinstalling windows, I have pretty barebones software installed - only games are BF2 (including Special forces) and Silent hunter 3.
          If anyone else has had this problem, I'd like to compare hardware. This is mine:

ASUS A8N5X
          1 GB ram
          Athlon 64 3500
          seagate 250GB hard disk
          Nvidia geforce 6600 GT 256MB

I starting to think BF just doesn't like my particular combination of hardware.

Comment

There are commands to make a key momentary (fire weapon) or push to activate push to deactivate (prone), I just dont remember what they are. Seems BF2 is known for occasional glitching of the configs. Resetting controls to default and reconfiging might fix this

Comment

Working...
            X