Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stat Padding - Reaching New Lows! (Funny)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Padding - Reaching New Lows! (Funny)

This story is 100% true - I was grabbing screenshots of this, but unfortunately they didn't turn out. I was thinking of all you TotalBF2 readers at the time, I figured you'd all get a laugh out of this. I was relying on the screenies to get this guys name so I could look him up on a stats site for added hilarity... oh well.

This was two nights ago (16-17th August) GameArena #3, Zatar Wetlands. This is a 48 player server on the 64 player maps, but it was late at night, maybe two or three AM, and the server was fairly empty, about ten people on each side.

I noticed on our team there was a guy, something like =*captn*=jsdfdf (for this story I'll just call him "Captain Pad") who kept coming up "Captain Pad [teamkills] asdasdfgfdg" Every second or third kill was this guy teamkilling asdfasdfasdf. I look at his score, and he is at something like -120 points. asdfasdfdfdf's score was 0,0,0 - he hadn't actually died yet.... Captain Pad must have been a medic, reviving him each time. asdasdfghfh must have been forgiving him each time too.

This didn't make sense, I thought these guys were just being a losers, taking up space on our team. I start a kick vote against Captain Pad, my first kick initiation ever. The ensuing conversation is where the fun starts:

A teammate: "What did he do?"
    Me: "Just look at his score..." - four or five votes for kick appear.
    Me: "He is teamkilling constantly"
    Captain Pad: "It's ok, asdasdffg is a guy I just made up, it's not a real person"
    A teammate: "Loser!"
    Captain Pad: "I get points each time I revive him"
    Me: "No you don't"
    A teammate: "Stat padder!"
    Me: "Negative stat padder you mean"
    Me: "Look at your score." - He was at -180 or so by this time

Captain Pad and asdfasdfasdf disconnected from the server....

Re: Stat Padding - Reaching New Lows! (Funny)

Haha, that's awesome... Dude probably busted himself right back down to private...

Comment

Maybe he was testing the demotion theory...?

Comment

LOL! maybe he wasn't happy with the higher ranks. :laugh:

Comment

Comment

Can you lose an unlocked weapon this way? Maybe he wanted to switch his unlock.

Comment

I have just been in server bf2nation.co.uk city maps server and i caught two stat padders at it there there names are KingRuben and Killer12=US= when they were caught they were like you want to try it and stuff like that i did actually get screenshots but i dont know how to put them in lol. I think these individuals are sad and EA/DICE should kick all the people for doing lol, therefore they might learn it should not be tolerated i have the screenshots as proof if anyone wants them.

Comment

I dont know if getting badges is the same as stat padding but i got the ressuply badge with the help of mplSpider. I helped him to get the repair badge. I need the repair badge too. I had 4 repair points and just needed 1 more for the badge and then the admin (****in admins) joined my squad and said to stop of he'll ban us. His name was 256 something. From the 256 clan. Because of that i have to say:
                1. 256 sucks
                2. Admins suck:cussing:
                3. Is getting badges stat padding?

Comment

Of course ir is. Given the fact that badges and ribbons are made of cotton/threads/pads, you are literally stat-PADDING.

Comment

would it be called "stat padding" if you needed the transport badge, and u just sat in a boat/car for 5 minutes just commanding or not doing much?

Comment

hahahaha ive caught a few people doing it but on diffrent team........3 of em go somewhere and the say the MEC team (the single person) kills one of the USMC and the other USCM bring him back to life....and they keep doing that

Comment

Originally posted by chris1986
                        hahahaha ive caught a few people doing it but on diffrent team........3 of em go somewhere and the say the MEC team (the single person) kills one of the USMC and the other USCM bring him back to life....and they keep doing that
                        you can also do it another way thats what i was going on about check out got3n.com to find out what im going on about under STA PADDING LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dethshoot1
                          I dont know if getting badges is the same as stat padding but i got the ressuply badge with the help of mplSpider. I helped him to get the repair badge. I need the repair badge too. I had 4 repair points and just needed 1 more for the badge and then the admin (****in admins) joined my squad and said to stop of he'll ban us. His name was 256 something. From the 256 clan. Because of that i have to say:
                          1. 256 sucks
                          2. Admins suck:cussing:
                          3. Is getting badges stat padding?
                          Why would you want a badge if you knew you didnt earn it? Doesnt that defeat the point? I honestly don't have an issue with stat padders (not saying you r a stat padder) but it just seems sort of pointless.

Comment

Working...
                          X