Problem with customizing controls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with customizing controls...

Alright, well this is the second time i have posted this.

So, after installing on a new computer, and updating to the patch (after 4 os installs) i am still having hte same problem. When i dont patch the system i can change the key layout to what ever i want. But when i install any of the patches when i try to make my crouch key the "left shift" key it says it has a conflict in Air, Helicopter, etc. I dont get it, it also happens when i try to assign it to other keys as well. It is really annoying since i cannot crouch in game and its killing me.

I have tried editing the controls file manual, but it always gets reset. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!! PLEASE HELP!

Clear absolutely every control key and then set them beginning with common controls.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanG
      Clear absolutely every control key and then set them beginning with common controls.

lol are you sure that will work?

Comment

You don't have to clear all the keys, but you can not assign a key that is in use. To solve the problem only clear the conflicting key. For example your "left shift" for crouch, when you get a conflict go to all the sections look for that key & clear it (highlight then press esc).

Comment

Originally posted by SickieWifeBeater
          You don't have to clear all the keys, but you can not assign a key that is in use. To solve the problem only clear the conflicting key. For example your "left shift" for crouch, when you get a conflict go to all the sections look for that key & clear it (highlight then press esc).

Ah yes, but here in lies the problem. I clear the key that is assigned the left shift in common, I got to set it to the crouch, it says there is a conflict in land, so I clear that, I go to assign again, it says there is a conflict in air, so I clear that, I got to assign again, it says there is a conflict in helicopter, I go and clear that and go back to assign, yet again it says there is a conflict in helicopter. I DON’T UNDERSTAND! No matter what I do, it says there is a conflict in helicopter. It shouldn’t matter that there is a conflict in any of the other sections, they are unique to that section when you are in it. I just don’t understand, it worked fine before the patch…..AHHH

Comment

Re: Problem with customizing controls...

no other opinions?

Comment

bump...............

Comment

so does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by spotdog14
                  so does anyone know of a way to fix this?
                  The surefire way to fix these conflicts is to go straight into your controls config file and delete any line that refers to the control you want to bind. Then go back into the game and define the controls the way you want.

I believe the file is in your documents and settings/bf2/profiles folder. There will probably be two profiles folders...one for single player and one for multi. Look for the controls config file.

Comment

same problem... i made an account on this forum for the mere purpose of finding the solution... i want to make my BF2 controls the same as my Counter-Strike keys but im getting the same darn error in Helicopter common controls... BUMP for a good solution

Comment

Having the same problem, with my left shift key.

Comment

Working...
                      X