Adding new color/detail textures to BF2 editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding new color/detail textures to BF2 editor

Hiya, I have a problem... I was wondering, how should I export files from Photoshop so the BF2 editor can use them? I am well aware that it's DDS format, and I am also well aware that I need to put them in one of the folders in \mods\bf2\common\, and so on.

Here's my problem: I exported a filed as a DDS, and used DXT3 settings (I believe), and it worked in the editor perfectly. Almost. On the color texture selection screen, it worked, but when I started to paint on the map it was all purple and red and all weird as hell, and in no way resembled my picture.

So, in short: What settings should I use to export as DDS in Photoshop so the BF2 editor can use them?

Here's an example of the weird colors I was talking about. (Sorry about the size, I was too lazy to crop out my other screen )

As you can see on the right side of the editor, the closefirerock texture seems to work fine. The way it looks in the texture previewer is right, while actually painting it on the map is wrong.

Comment

Re: Adding new color/detail textures to BF2 editor

What plug-in are you using to export dds in photoshop? And which texture size?

Marcus.

Comment

Working...
      X