The Unstealable Flag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unstealable Flag!

Okay, this first time this ever happen I thought maybe it was just a fluke, but I have since seen it happen on several occasions, in various rooms... and one just last night. Myself along with 3 other squad members were playing at the gulf of oman the other night, and all swarm up in what we call the "Boat Dock". (the US base with the boat dock on the beach) Anyway, we all come charging in, theres not an enemy in site cause they're all spawning way away from us, we pile up around the US flag to steal it.... and it just sits there... we sit there.... the meter sits there.... never moves and we can't take the flag. We sat there for a GOOD LONG while, and the flag meter just would NOT go down at all. There was literally a flag that we could not steal (there were enough squad members we would have normally been able to capture it in under 30 seconds) This is NO GOOD Amigo's. I can't handle attacking a base like that, or in any way, just to find out we can't take it no matter what.
    And before anyone says it, I'm certainly not talking about a "main" base that cannot be taken. Which does remind me of something else having to do with "Guld of Oman" How come if the US conquer everything but the MEC airstrip, they can then go and take over the airstrip (at least I remember doing that in the demo) BUT if the MEC take over everything but the US aircraft carrier, they still CANNOT take over the carrier. I guess what I'm really getting at is this game, in most cases, shows MAJOR favortism to the USA team.

Is it possible there was an enemy hiding under that dock near the little hole to keep you from capping the flag? I know I've done that before, and no one ever looks under there for some reason.

Comment

Ive had this bug at Karkand before. At the Suburb outpost, me and my squad was trying to cap the enemy flag there but it wouldn't budge, I mean, it didn't even turn red, it stayed on the blue side and there were DEFINATELY no enmies around i was keeping watch at the top of the buiding next to the flag and my squad was scouting every other place near the flag.

It only happened to me once though.

Comment

The usual Flag bug that occurs from time to time. This is not restricted to one map. It is like the ramdom bug with red tags friendlies. Anyways most of the time all you have to do is have everyone move out of the flag zone, and return to the flag (preferablely not all at once) again. That should normally fix the bug. This Bug is will not fix itself even if you have the whole team on the flag, and even if you move away from it, and come back sometimes it still won't change back (I tend to just leave, only to later find that someone else had change the flag). This is a bug that is very disruptive in competition play, and I hope EA will fix this "soon " in the next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer
          Ive had this bug at Karkand before. At the Suburb outpost, me and my squad was trying to cap the enemy flag there but it wouldn't budge, I mean, it didn't even turn red, it stayed on the blue side and there were DEFINATELY no enmies around i was keeping watch at the top of the buiding next to the flag and my squad was scouting every other place near the flag.

It only happened to me once though.
          Eh...doesnt the blue side mean its on your team?

Comment

Yea, but it still had the enemies flag on it and no one could spawn there...

Comment

Same thing's happened to me far too many times.

Only thing that fixes it, is if the opposition caps it, then you just take it back.

Comment

Originally posted by gatewaytohell
                Same thing's happened to me far too many times.

Only thing that fixes it, is if the opposition caps it, then you just take it back.

had the same thing a few times now, 6 US guys couldn't cape the flag and UAV was over our head , shure there was no enemy around

Comment

There's some screenshots around somewhere on this site (and I have one myself personally) showing a USA flag up on the flagpole, but a MEC flag on the minimap. The USMC can't spawn at the flag either, it needs to be captured by the enemy and then taken back, as gatewaytohell says.

It's definately a bug!

Comment

Re: The Unstealable Flag!

It happened to my clan in a match. Considering it was keeping the other team's tickets from bleeding, I agree it is very disruptive to gameplay.

Comment

Ive had this bug twice before. Both at Sharqi peninsula and both at the same flag it was the most left U.S. flag when you start Sharqi peninsula. I just played on with th bug but it kinda sucked

Comment

me two it suks

*this ain't my own pic...

Comment

Had the same thing at the start of a game in Zatar wetlands. Couldn't capture the first base...with like 3 people. And really, there weren't any enemies walking there 15seconds after the game started lol (it takes like 45 seconds to get there from their base with chopper)...

Comment

Yeah, exactly the same thing happened to me too once. Playing USMC on Zatar Wetlands , we rushed the airfield with a buggy. Flag goes up... but the point stays neutral.

Comment

Working...
                            X