[RELEASE] Highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RELEASE] Highway

This is my first BF2 map, i have made maps for Call Of Duty before...

get it here.. http://www.tapegerm.com/users/magica...te/Highway.zip

Feedback welcome.

Is it stable? If so, I'll put it up in our files library.

Comment

i will try it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by DMC
        Is it stable? If so, I'll put it up in our files library.
        Well it hasn't been tested on a server yet.. but it will be going up on www.ironfistbattleground.co.uk very soon .. and when i've tested it it seems fine.

It is up on the ironfist server now along with 9 other custom maps if anyone wants to play it

Comment

Re: [RELEASE] Highway

Does your server auto download the maps somehow to clients? Playing on some new maps sounds great to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski
            Does your server auto download the maps somehow to clients? Playing on some new maps sounds great to me.
            No BF2 server is able to auto-download, you need to grab and install yourself manually.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
              No BF2 server is able to auto-download, you need to grab and install yourself manually.
              Yeah, and thats what I think not thinkable in this time, with actual Games it should be always possible. HALF LIFE 2 has the best Solution so far, I like it and made it on our HL2DM Server a long time.

Don´t understand why it´s not in BF2, since we all know, in time there will be a lot of Custom Maps and even with all that Websites hosting the Maps, its hard to keep up to date. Autodownload would sure solve that problem.
              But ....

Wolfseye

Comment

Auto download would be hard to do, because of the somewhat large file sizes of the map's ... around 60 MB, possible more. For example, that kind of map would take me 50 minutes to download, map would change on the server during that time, my download would cancel and it would start to download a second map and so on. And i know i'm not the only one who dosent have a 1MB connection

Comment

Working...
                X