Sound problems, static...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound problems, static...

I am using an Asus A8n-sli motherboard with built in nforce sound (ac97 i think). My audio options are set to high, running Software (i have tried several settings), EAX enabled and everything else set to default.

My problem is I get a lot of "static" when ever there is loud noises. It sounds like almost like crackling sounds. Seems pretty intermittent, but the sound problems occur very often. I'd say like 25-30% of the time the crackling sound is present. I've tried disabling music, but the cracking still shows up, especially when in the cockpit of a tank (anything that has a low rumbling sound). I've tried several different speakers and headphones and still have the same problem. If I play wav files or mp3's my sound is perfect. I am using 5.1 speakers. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

If I try setting the audio to Hardware, then the sound gets really screwed up, which makes sense being that I'm using software audio.

The problem only happens with BF2, and its really ruining my game play. Any ideas would be appreciated.

update drivers ?

Comment

i had the same problem on my onboard msi k8n plat mb audio , sound blaster audigy 2 zs fixed that though

Comment

There seems to be issues like this with certain sound boards. Try updating your drivers, and things to that extent. Try turning EAX off, and messing with the settings. If nothing else, pick up an Audigy2.

Comment

I was afraid someone was going to say that. Another upgrade to play the latest game.. (sigh)

How much are Audigy's going for nowadays?

Comment

Re: Sound problems, static...

I didn't know you could upgrade your sound card on an intergrated mobo, can I upgrade mine as well? I've got the same problem and when I turn EAX off it's less and I've learned to ignore it but it would be nice to have wicked sound in my headphones.

The mobo is in my sig, didn't know what it means so I put all the info on my order sheet in.

Man posting here makes me feel stupid sometimes. Oh well I'm learning quick.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
              I didn't know you could upgrade your sound card on an intergrated mobo, can I upgrade mine as well? I've got the same problem and when I turn EAX off it's less and I've learned to ignore it but it would be nice to have wicked sound in my headphones.

The mobo is in my sig, didn't know what it means so I put all the info on my order sheet in.

Man posting here makes me feel stupid sometimes. Oh well I'm learning quick.

Of course you can upgrade the sound. Just disable the onboard sound and install a new sound card....

Comment

Updating your sound drivers should fix the problem. I had the same static and updating the drivers solved it.

Comment

I have XFI and get the crackling sound, only way I can prevent it from happening is when I boot my computer, before doing anything else I do a restart on the system first. So I boot the computer, then do restart, then no crackling etc.

ASUS A8V Mobo, with XFI audio card 2.5 Gigs Ram. I have tried all new/ old drivers to no avail. Only thing that works every time is what I described above.

Comment

Working...
                  X