No announcement yet.

Disappearing Objects and Textures HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Objects and Textures HELP!

I've had a reoccuring problem with BF2 and I have no idea what causes it. Most of the time, I can consistently play BF2 without any glitches or hiccups, but more recently I've been getting this really annoying problem.

There are times when world objects, textures, etc are "deleted" from the screen. This tears away large chunks of ground, buildings, etc and exposes the skybox. The game responds VERY slowly during this time (hit the tilde key, and it takes a few seconds to "register") and I have to quit the game completely and start again.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the supposed memory leak that can affect some computers, but like I said, I can go for 5 or 8 hours without ever seeing this glitch. And all of a sudden it will come back up and happen quite regularly after that. I just now got off of a server because of this exact same problem.

Is there anything I can do to "fix it?" I've completely deleted and then reinstalled BF2 once before, so that didn't really do anything...

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS!! If you don't know the fix, just knowing that someone else has had this issue would make me feel better too =)

Specs:
    P4 3.4 Ghz (Asus mobo)
    1024 MB Ram
    GF 6600 256 MB
    Audigy

I'd say your card is overheating, but it's only my first guess........

Comment

This issue happens to me, though not very often. If I reload the map, it usually geos away. I've got an x800, btw.

Comment

Heat is the silent killer for many pc's and for those pc's with BF2 loaded......the silent killer for GPU's aswell. An aftermarket cooler is a dream come true for your poor vid card....i've yet to see a decent cooler come standard on a vid card.....(no flaming, i know they are getting pretty close to it.....)

Comment

Okay, I'll try kicking up my rear fan a few more notches next time I play and see if that resolves the issue.

So what do you do about an overheating card? Can I upgrade the fan and install a better one? Or is this where an extra fan would come in handy, mounted on the side or lower rear or something? :hmm:

Because I don't want to wake up one day and see that my card is fried! I'm not overclocking anything (have all Asus options set to standard) and I'm not trying to strain my card (BF2 runs pretty smooth). So what gives?

Thanks for your help Warthog and D3T0N8R =)

Comment

Arcticcooling makes a decent and inexpensive cooler for GPU's. Check newegg.com for prices

Comment

Working...
            X