Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You posted threads about removing VOIP 2 times already

Comment

Get TS, play with ur clan/friends, and either turn off voip or don't use it....

This is just like CS:S, where u get some 10yr old singing most of the map...at least that game has "mute in-game voice" for those annoying people that you don't wanna hear from again...

Comment

Just mute the man.

Comment

I often get made fun of because of my "hillbilly" voice, but the ones poking fun at me know damned well that if they were face-to-face with me and criticized me in such a manner, I'd make them swallow every damned one of their teeth.

Comment

i never knew Virginians have hillbilly voices...

Comment

Originally posted by S_t_a_l_i_n
              i never knew Virginians have hillbilly voices...
              In the area that I live, everyone has a sort of... Texas-like accent. It's strange because not everyone in Virginia has this accent.

I live in southwestern Virginia, very close to the Kentucky border, so I guess after mentioning Kentucky, you shouldn't have too hard of a time understanding what I mean. :laugh:

It's not horrible or anything, it's just pretty noticable and embarassing to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz
                In the area that I live, everyone has a sort of... Texas-like accent. It's strange because not everyone in Virginia has this accent.

I live in southwestern Virginia, very close to the Kentucky border, so I guess after mentioning Kentucky, you shouldn't have too hard of a time understanding what I mean. :laugh:

It's not horrible or anything, it's just pretty noticable and embarassing to say the least.
                wow, then i figure that u live in a fairly small town, cuz there arent many large cities in south western virginia, only one i can find is Roanoke.....

Comment

shove a bomb up them

Comment

OT, but ...

Originally posted by Chubz
                    I often get made fun of because of my "hillbilly" voice, but the ones poking fun at me know damned well that if they were face-to-face with me and criticized me in such a manner, I'd make them swallow every damned one of their teeth.
                    If it embarasses you (the accent) you know you can change it with practice, right? Just takes a bit of concentration when you speak, eventually it becomes second nature.

I was born and spent my childhood years in Ark. and had a pretty strong "cornpone" accent. We moved to Arizona when I was 8, and the way I talked got me made fun of quite a bit (and we all remember how much you wanted to be different from everyone else at that young age, right?). Over the course of 4-5 years, I was able to gradually change the accent. The kidding and ribbing steadily reduced as the accent softened,

Now, even though I've lived in Houston for almost 25 years, I have a generic American accent (but I do bust out with a "y'all" or a "howdy" every once in a while).

If you don't like the way you sound, you can remake your voice. Lauren Bacall (one of the most beautiful actresses of the last century, IMHO) had a thin, nasal New York voice when she was discovered. But just a year or so later, she had a soft, low, sultry voice with very little accent, simply from lessons and practice. And, as anyone who's seen her in "To Have and Have Not", "The Big Sleep" or "Key Largo" can tell you that she sounds wonderfully sexy. Most people remember her famous "You know how to whistle, don't you Steve? You just put your lips together and ... blow."

Comment

I think it's funny we've now moved to accents.....nice sidetrack!! lol

Comment

Re: i really think.......

remove VOIP please

Comment

Hell, I can't even get my Mic to work on VoIP, have to resort to teamspeak.

Comment

I never use it either anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six Three
                              remove VOIP please
                              You can turn it off on your side, or just don't join squads. Go lone wolf and you have no problem with VOIP. Please let the rest of us NORMAL people enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X