Support Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Class

How are you suppose to use the support class's MG? I have the PKM because I heard so many good things about it. Should you camp a site with it and try to wait for people to come to you? I try to shoot people far away but they usually kill me with a rifle. I use 1-2 shot burst and still have a hard time killing them before they kill me. I really need help with this.

For all those that say this has been asked before, I did a search using PKM and Support Class and came up with nothing.

[Edit] Sorry, Admin please move this to general. Thought I posted in there...

it is hard- but ull get used to it.

Comment

well just try spraying a lil den stop and should work i did that once i killed around 60 people in a whole game pkm owns

Comment

I personally like the SAW cuz it gets off more bullets, and its the best if your working with a sqaud. You really hav to get close to kill with the PKM, unless your really good and have a lot of exp with it.

Comment

I thought the PKM would be better because you only need 3 hits to kill them instaed of 5?

Comment

FIre in short bursts doesnt mean firing one or two shots. It means firing 8 - 12 shots with short breaks. If someone is firing at you then just open up on them. It may not actually kill them but no one will stand still and keep firing into that kind of hail of fire.

I think your key problem is that you unlocked the PKM because people who play support a lot told you it was a cool gun. It'll make a good support player better but it wont make you a good support player.

Comment

Yeah... you have to be close to kill ( not that close) with the PKM, it is not a problem for me I just bust out my pistol and kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian145
                I think your key problem is that you unlocked the PKM because people who play support a lot told you it was a cool gun. It'll make a good support player better but it wont make you a good support player.
                True, I rule with the AT class and DAO-12 because I play it all the time. I guess Im going to have to play 20 hours with the PKM to get better. But I was just asking if anyone has any pointers for a Support Class NOob. Thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

if your in a gun fight at distance with the PKM don't bother..either get away or get closer..it's best in city place..nothing like a couple of PKM's at strett corners properly covered crossing fire. nothing survives that comes throguh, you can even take out a hum vee in like 5 seconds. a PKM really needs to be played in a squad to be effective

Comment

I wasnt playing in a squad, maybe Ill stick with someone and just use them as bait i mean provide cover for them.

Comment

Re: Support Class

Originally posted by Praetorian145
                      no one will stand still and keep firing into that kind of hail of fire.
                      Actually they do and headshot you while you're spraying away and doing absolutely no damage on them.

In real life no one would just go prone in front of a machinegun and take a few well aimed and controlled shots while you keep firing at them. But then again, this is a game.

Comment

I am playing support most of the time, unlocked PKM as my first unlock. To be support player is not easy, support class is underestimated and not too many players are playing it. PKM is a beast if used properly. Forget long range encounters, most of the time you will hit nothing and finish dead. And don't rush to be first in battle - prone is the key, you have to be prone when shooting with PKM. Follow your squad, find good spot where you can see battlefield and engage enemy at medium, short distances - fire in bursts. Yesterday on Gulf of Oman I managed to take down whole enemy squad (4 guys) in 10 sec and they didn't even managed to see me

And as some of the guys mentioned you can take down Jeeps and trucks with a bit of luck, not to mention that is easy to scare BH and even attack chopper to fly away. Don't forget to give ammo supply to your team mates. They will be very happy to have you in squad.

Comment

Originally posted by [SAJ]Korvin
                          ... support class is underestimated and not too many players are playing it.
                          /me raises hand.

Last night, after staring at my 0-7 *total* k/d ratio while playing as support class (and it's been that way since about the 1st week Bf2 was released - aka I *never* play it), I decided it I'd try it out again.

Boy was I in for a shock. Now that I know how to play the game better than when I first got it, that made all the difference. I will definitely be playing this support class more often.

Summary: you're missing out if you're not playing this class.

Comment

I JUST started playing support last night. I really do like the original gun that comes with it. I like just spraying like crazy on a bunch of enemies from a good distance away. I really want to unlock the PKM cause I think it will kick some ass.

Comment

u just need practice. the first time u will suck wit the pkm. tht is y u pratice first. if u practiced wit the pkm, it is invincible. i unlocked the g36 and now play wit assault, sniper, and support. i always steal a guys pkm when they die.

Comment

Working...
                              X