Where to shoot a tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to shoot a tank?

Today on Karkand I hit a guy's tank 2 times in the tank's body (not the "wheels", sorry I don't know the english name) and it didn't blow up. Numerous times I hit a tank even more (3-4) times before it blew up. But today on the same map, next thing I respawn I get in the tank and drive with full health. Suddenly I see an enemy tank which fires a shot at me and blows up my tank in 1 hit! Where do I have to hit the tank to blow it up in 1 shot. He shot me somewhere in the front of my tank.

Are we talking ATV, Linebacker, or actual tanks? I've never been taken down in a tank with 1 shot personally.

Comment

I think that if you hit the turret ring (the bit where the turret meets the hull) then you can take out a tank in 2 shots. I've seen damaged (but not smoking) tanks taken out in 1 hit this way.

Comment

theres a spot on the back of the turret where it meets the main body that will kill in 1 shot. Ive found it in my own server but never replicated it in battle.

Comment

A tanks weakest spot is its rear.

Comment

1) Treads (Usually)
            2) Back underside (Get lucky and catch the tank in front of you)
            3) Top (1 shot kill - very rare)

Comment

I've gotten taken out in one shot with full health, and I've taken out tanks with one shot... I'm still not sure how... people say turret ring from behind, but I never seem to be able to replicate it. I've hit a tank from underneath in-front (I was laying down on a hill as it was coming over) and blown it up in one shot, but can't replicate that either. I wonder if there's an element of chance.

Plus be sure that the enemy tank isn't sitting at a supply crate or have an enineer near him.

Comment

I blew up a tank once in one shot once, really don't know what happened. I fired the SRAW, it flew alittle high so I repositioned the sites, it then curved down and hit right in the gunners hold, and destroyed the tank. It sounds impossible, and I still don't believe it happened. I've never succeeded in doing again sadly.

Comment

So hitting it in the turret makes the one shot one kill??

Comment

From the top of teh turret.

Comment

Working...
                    X