ultra high sound for everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultra high sound for everyone

you can use the ultra high option by going to your BF2 documents, profile...then audio.con and changing high to ultra high and hardware to creative x-fi, i have tested this and it didnt crash on my system...maybe it was me but things sounded alot better....like....chopper flyin overhead sounded more real? explosions were more intense...idk...u try it n come back here n tell if u had a difference

At work now, but I will when I get home. Using an Audigy 2 ZS with 5.1, so I'm expecting an improvement.

Although, the sounds are already getting to me. I hear machine gun fire in the shower now. Freaky.

Comment

lol, i have an audigy 1 soft modded to audigy 2 zs and yeah...works for me for a1 users... blah.....so bored -[so.stoned]- haha, but anyways yeah...ppl should test this...how much of a fps drop (if any) and uhm any sounds they notice that are better....not specifically but...yeah, juss in general O.o

Comment

Can I not change the sound settings to ultra high in game?

Comment

I can switch it to Ultra high, and also X-Fi, guess it was the OpenAL driver update

Comment

what sound card are you using? Apparently, my Audigy 2 ZS doesn't support Creative X-Fi.

You're right though. I'll try the beta driver. Thanks.

Comment

OpenAL driver update?
              How, where, when, why!?!

Comment

There was a thread for Audigy 2 users who were having problems with BF2 where the guy posted an OpenAL update that you could use to fix the problem.

Comment

creative x-fi is a new card thas not out yet...

Comment

this is to pretty much force the option with any card.... i did the openal thing a while ago for performance, it didnt give me the option...unless this is a different one, if so....linkage please..

Comment

Ultra High, X-Fi sound would NOT work as of now because as someone already said, the X-Fi cards are not available to us as of now.

This is like saying that there is a new Pixel Shader version, and you can somehow "unlock" it in a game to run on a video card that DOESNT support the version... it simply doesn't work out.

Comment

are you retarded? have you tried it?....this is audio, not video....WAY ****ING DIFFERENT YOU MORON, do you understand the point of this thread? im not even going to explain if you can't figure it out yourself........anyways.... even if u dont get extra performance with the x-fi setting, u can still unlock the ultra high setting for ****in sound quality...and it does sound better, so quit asuming, or contradicting people's thoughts and ideas....what are you gonna tell me next? i cant softmod my a1 to an a2? well i did...u gonna tell me i cant overclock me cpu without it exploding? shutup........ and have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by storlied
                          are you retarded? have you tried it?....this is audio, not video....WAY ****ING DIFFERENT YOU MORON, do you understand the point of this thread? im not even going to explain if you can't figure it out yourself........anyways.... even if u dont get extra performance with the x-fi setting, u can still unlock the ultra high setting for ****in sound quality...and it does sound better, so quit asuming, or contradicting people's thoughts and ideas....what are you gonna tell me next? i cant softmod my a1 to an a2? well i did...u gonna tell me i cant overclock me cpu without it exploding? shutup........ and have a nice day
                          No, I am not retarded.

What I'm saying is that you are trying to reap the benefits of sound quality and features not possible by the sound cards we currently have.

In about a month or so, when the X-Fi cards ship to stores, we'll see how good it sounds.

This is the same thing as the "ULTRA HIGH" video setting(s), which did absolutely NOTHING.

Comment

true, but again...complication: video > audio........ have you tried it? to me, it did sound different...but hey, your always entitled to your opinion....as for other people, i wonder if they heard a difference, so far they have one person sayin there is, and one sayin there isnt.... hm..... if more people will test this maybe we will find out what it does n doesnt.... maybe im imagining it, maybe not...idk.... lets see what other people thing.....

Comment

Originally posted by storlied
                              true, but again...complication: video > audio........ have you tried it? to me, it did sound different...but hey, your always entitled to your opinion....as for other people, i wonder if they heard a difference, so far they have one person sayin there is, and one sayin there isnt.... hm..... if more people will test this maybe we will find out what it does n doesnt.... maybe im imagining it, maybe not...idk.... lets see what other people thing.....
                              Ok, I'll try it, but I can almost guarantee you it won't make a difference - brb with opinions on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X