Installation Cd Not Found Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Cd Not Found Error

I successfully patched to 1.02 and got this error.

Please ensure Battlefied 2 Install Disc is in the drive, select OK and restart the application.

I exited DAEMON Virtual Drive, and I dont have any burning software(ie-NERO) running the backround.

After much stress and money gone to the phone bill after waiting for 2 hours with Tech Support, the only answer I got from them was either uninstall all your burning software, or return the game.

Not being able to burn any CD's seems bit steep a price just to play ANY game. Isnt the point of having a CD burner, to burn CD's? Well anyways,
    I ended up using a ***** Patch just to play the game, and now the new patched version is out, so it worked Thanks to the help of guys like you on the forum, but now what do I do? I get that same old error.

And btw, its not the CD. I originally thought it was, and I exchanged it for a new one. Same error.

WTF!! HELP PLEASE!! THis is a great game, and I want to actually be able to to PLAY IT!

very odd, it sounds like your dvd drive is having problems reading the disc to the etent of keeping 'securerom' or whatever security bf2 uses happy.

Most likely senario is that your drives dodgy try giving it a clean with a lens cleaner. Having nero or alcohol or daemon tools etc on your system shouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

If the worst comes to the worst though there will be a NO CD crack relased probably from reloaded for the new patch.

Comment

Have you tried uninstalling Deamon Tools?? It isn't enough just to exit it, in some cases. Also make sure you have latest version of the tool often it will only happen with older versions of such software.
      The reason that the probably told you to try and uninstall Nero, is because it also has similar functionality like Deamon Tools i.e. Virtual Drives.

Make sure you have latest versions of such software like Daemon etc., and latest BIOS and latest chipset drivers for your motherboard and latest firmware for your CD/DVD drives.

Comment

I updated all my drivers/BIOS, etc.
        I uninstalled NERO and Daemon Tools.
        I restarted my computer
        Same error. WTF.

Comment

Have you tried creating a new admin account maybe a 'fresh' one won't have the settings that cause the problem.

Comment

First of all, what settings are you talking about that would cause the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by elec_guitar_guy
              First of all, what settings are you talking about that would cause the problem?
              Not any settings that you would notice, I'm thinking of setting most likely 'hidden' in the registry database.

Comment

Working...
              X