F.a.q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Generating Lightmaps

A Tab comes up and says "Do you want to check for absolete object lightmaps"

Wherther you push yes/no, it will say down the bottom **FAILED**???
    FOR LIGHTMAP GEN PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

FL.

Comment

• Can I resize my map after making it?

Hi there knowlegable people. I've been mucking about with the editor for a few weeks now and started out following the Word doc tutorials provided by EA/Dice, but then (as they end without going anywhere) I've had to discover more... Thanks to totalbf2 I've got much further than I thought possible, BUT... seeing as how I've made a map using the smallest map size on creation, space is very limited, and I've stupidly gone all the way out to the edges leaving no room to delineate a combat zone! Please tell me there is some way of increasing the map size to one of the larger maps so I can add a little sea and a combat zone!?!
      I've spent over 50 hours on this map and am really happy with it except for this. I tried altering the numbers in the file Heightdata.con:
      heightmap.setSize 257 257 --> 1025 1025
      and this did increase the map size but also gave me a blank map again as far as textures and form are concerned. Please help me if you can. Thanks folks.
      Peace out.

Comment

• Re: F.a.q.

Originally posted by extremepilot

How do I add water instead of surrounding terrain?
        Hi there extremepilot - I fiddles for ages to get this right so here you go...

: To add water surrounding your island map, first use the Terrain Editor to lower all the surrounding terrain you want to have as sea as far as you can (this will lower it to hight 0), and paint it as sand or waterbasin mud etc., then go to your Tweaker Bar on the left side of the editor and press the + next to Water Settings and change the Sea level to 1 or more depending on the depth of water you want.

Details:
        On the icon bar, locate the “Modify” icon, which is the green hill shape with blue up and down arrows. Click this button to change to the sculpting tool:
        the right mouse button lowers the terrain.

- activate the brush size indicator and change the brush size and strength as desired. Use a lower setting to sculpt your coastline as you don't really want cliffs all around, and smooth the edges off a bit, I have it set to maximum on both size and strength to do the unplayable off-map sea

- to sculpt this off-map area of the surrounding terrain; Go to Render on top > Surrounding Terrain > and there you can pick which you want to see, All, North, West etc, you can then paint so it won't appear green. and sculpt it (Yes you do want to activate this hight map if asked).

- to get realistic looking water, you need to play with the settings and colours a little in the Tweaker bar, but try these for starters:
        +WaterSettings
        # SeaWaterLevel 2
        - # WaterScroll 0.1/0.1
        # X 0.1
        # Y 0.1
        # WaterAnimSpeed 130
        # WaterNormalMap watervolume
        # WaterFogColor *-------------------------->Light blue/Cyan
        - # WaterFogRange 0/50/0/0
        # X 0
        # Y 50
        # Z 0
        # W 0
        # WaterColor *-------------------------->Medium blue/Green
        # WaterSpecularAlpha 1
        # WaterSpecularPower 65
        # TerrainWaterColor *-------------------------->Leave as Black
        (I'm still not sure about the last setting, how it can be used or activated, for example in the levels where there are multiple water levels behind dams on rivers etc.).

Good luck with your map. Peace out.

Thanks to TAW_DaSniper for leading me down the watery path.

Comment

Thank you guys for the nice FAQ. I read many pages from the begginning. I did not memorize it all but I have a nice reference in case I forget anything.

I do however a have a question of my own which I do not know if it was asked here (do not have time to search through every FAQ page).

Well, I wish to have 3 teams on one map. This would be MEC, China, and United States with other neutral points. So far I see possibility of just 2 teams. So far I have MEC verus China. Originally China was US. I just went into level settings and changed US to China. I had then edited the spawn objects (vehicles and stationary weapons) to spawn the appropriate vehicles for the team that had that control point. I suppose I could make a neutral control point and try changing attributes to make it US. For a test i've created a control point and changed the team value in the tweak bar. Right now I am not sure what to edit to make 3 teams (MEC,US,CH). Also whats creating a triggerable or something like that when you rightclick.

--kc2keo

Comment

Does anyone know if I can make maps in Terragen? I am going to be using Terragen and Maya. If not does that mean I need to download the utilitiy?

Comment

Hello,

I have downloaded the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd map packs, installed them, and when im trying to play with them the load is coming to 100% and then the game automaticlly quits and return to windows.

what should i do to play those maps?

p.s.

the official game maps are working.

Comment

Originally posted by manga
                Hello,

I have downloaded the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd map packs, installed them, and when im trying to play with them the load is coming to 100% and then the game automaticlly quits and return to windows.

what should i do to play those maps?

p.s.

the official game maps are working.
                Are you trying to use singleplayer mode? Those mappacks were created before we had the tools to add bot support to maps. Some of the maps have had SP added later and were posted at the BFSP site: http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...ld.gamespy.com .

Comment

Getting a CTD at about 46% - Collisions.

Any ideas where to look for which mesh is causing the problem?

Managed to sort out my roads, 15% CTD, surrounding terrain etc.

Cheers

Shade

Comment

big problem here....

im trying to edit a map for an existing mod... airmaps...

now when i want to add vehicles and go to the modmanager were you have to check all boxes, there are none to check!
                    there are no objects showing up in the modmanager, but i would like to be able to add some on an existing map, or on a new map im thinking of, so how do i get the objcets in the list from the airmaps mod?

GREETZZzz..

Comment

• i need help

every time i try and get on a multiplayer map it loads and when im about to play it kicks me and a message pops up saying :inadiquite O/S privalages. What does that mean and how can i fix it.

Comment

This should really be stickied again.

Comment

How do i edit menus?

Comment

Working...
                          X