Bullet drop is implemented in Unmodded BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet drop is implemented in Unmodded BF2

I remeber some were saying that Battlefield 2 does not have bullet drop implemented for all handheld weapons by default.

It actually does.

I set the velocity of the m4a1 and the m24 to 10 meters a second. I commenced to fire at a wall and each tiny step back i took made the bullet holes appear lower and lower. Also, the drop is realistic in this game. It is not set so that it only drops every say 10 feet for example. The bullets' paths actually do curve downward realistically. This is for all handheld weapons and not just sniper rifles.

realistic nothing...the sniper rifles drop is ridiculous. at 100m if you have your crosshair dead on someones chest you wont hit them. bullet drop...

the range of a sniper rifle is well over a mile, it wouldnt be that inaccurate after just 100m

Comment

That has nothing to do with drop. That is because the sniper rifles in BF2 are fairly inaccurate. Check the tweak files.

EDIT: Also I edited the tweak file so that the m24 had a really far zoom. at about 100 meters away and firing scoped/prone the bullets deviated about maybe 6 inches ingame. So one aiming at someones head could easily miss a headshot by six inches(around 2/3 width of a head)

Comment

Originally posted by Thugnasty4life
        That has nothing to do with drop. That is because the sniper rifles in BF2 are fairly inaccurate. Check the tweak files.
        I figured it was either of the 2...

the attitiude of the rifles are ridiculous none the less though.

Comment

yep they are too inaccurate to be called sniper rifles.

Comment

Working...
          X