$4 Slot Ranked Server Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4 Slot Ranked Server Deal

We are renting a server from The Planet in Dallas. We plan on putting Ranked Servers on it. If anyone is interested in joining us, we will sell 16 to 28 player servers at $4 a slot. You may wonder why only 28. We've found the optimum player count for a Ranked server is no more than 28, otherwise there is Frame Drop. You have probably experienced this on larger servers.

We are going to use the extra money to bump up the server to a Dual Xeon 2.8 (HT) with 2GB of memory and two 36GB 15k RPM SCSI HD's. This machine will be able to run several servers.

You will have a web based control panel to do everything you need on the server, including pushing patches as they are released. Per EA's Ranked Server agreement, you will not have SSH or FTP access to the server. Sorry, their rules, not ours. However, the web based control panel will allow you to do everything you need.

This server is for GamersRadio.com, but you will be able to pay by PayPal or CC through ClanWebHosting.com. In addition, I'll throw in a free website from ClanWebHosting.com. If you need TeamSpeak, you can use our public 50 player TeamSpeak for free.

If you are interested, send me a PM. We are ordering the server at the end of the month. We already have enough commitment from the Gamers Radio Battalion to order a lower server, but I'd rather share it and get a beefier setup.

Before anyone starts to flame me, this is 100% legitimate. I will not go into the details, but it meets all requirements per EA's Ranked Server Agreement. We are going to order a server no matter what. With 1-2 extra groups, we will be able to get a much larger server. This will benefit us and whoever joins us.

Thanks,

How many 28 slot server will share one hardware base?

Better do some serious testing...you wont get but 2 out of each box and thats if you build Opteron...if you go Xeon you will be dissapointed and so will your customer base.

just my 2 cents here GL to ya.

Munson

Comment

Re: $4 Slot Ranked Server Deal

Originally posted by Atomm

We are going to use the extra money to bump up the server to a Dual Xeon 2.8 (HT) with 2GB of memory and two 36GB 15k RPM SCSI HD's. This machine will be able to run several servers.
      3 tops. and thats pushing it, at full capacity. especially with only 2GB memory.

and Hard Drive speed is insignificant really..

I have over 90 Dual 2.8 Xeon servers running.. all with 3GB ram..
      and 2 games of BF2 @ 32 players per machine is optimal.. any more
      than that, you will have a resource problem.. When you say 'several'
      servers, sorry, but you are mistaken. Of course you can do it.. but
      get 32 x 3 players on it and watch what happens..

You are offering it at a good price though.. so I salute you for that..
      If you are new to dealing with EA... Good Luck! They are quite
      controlling.

Comment

Working...
      X