Jets could use Airbrakes in future patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets could use Airbrakes in future patch

Since i play simulators and use airbraking alot, this would be a nice feature for BF2. You mostly see alot of jets circling and circling and circling until one give up and then gets shot down. I just think it would be a good idea, plus it could prevent from ramming choppers when you dont intend too, and yes ramming is getting out of hand.

Originally posted by Deez
    and yes ramming is getting out of hand.
    really??? you wouldn't say

Comment

Originally posted by Papigiulio
      really??? you wouldn't say
      LOL, sad thing is most people are doing it on purpose.

Comment

This has gotta be the umpteenth thread on this, and I am sick of the ramming too.

Comment

Ramming is funny....teehee...

Comment

Originally posted by Deez
            LOL, sad thing is most people are doing it on purpose.
            I'm sorry I just can't resist. Some find it lame, I find it funny. Tis not like I do it the entire game, and it's not like I get hundreds of kills, cus 1 out of 5 plane I hit, the other 4 I crash into something. Like a tree or a lantern

PLUS I do it on our own clanserver aswell so...i've got privilege there

Comment

Originally posted by Papigiulio
              I'm sorry I just can't resist. Some find it lame, I find it funny. Tis not like I do it the entire game, and it's not like I get hundreds of kills, cus 1 out of 5 plane I hit, the other 4 I crash into something. Like a tree or a lantern

PLUS I do it on our own clanserver aswell so...i've got privilege there
              RAMMING NOOB is the only word that comes to my mind.

I think this is the word of the day today and until the next patch.

Comment

The absolute best thing I've ever seen was on - - (I can't remember the map. US vs MEC. Long beach with a US carrier in the south West corner. 4 CP's in a line from northwest to south east, and two more CP's located centrally) and I'm using the beach to head to another CP. I see a transport heli coming towards me from the carrier. Then I see one of there attack heli's coming from the right side. Out of nowhere, one of our heli's comes over my head, towards the transport heli.

Then, by some coincidence, as the MEC attack heli is ramming into the transport heli, the US attack heli that was coming from the side, meets them at that exact moment.

All three heli's exploded in a fire ball of hell. It's was hilarious.

That is one scenario where I whole-heartedly support ramming. When you're taking out two vehicles for the price of one.

Comment

screw airbrakes i want regular breaks for when you need to stop the plane on the ground

Comment

"Ramming"........teehee....

Comment

Jets have become super sonic guided missiles and it has reached the pinnacle of stupiduty.

Comment

if a person only knows how to turn in circles as a defense, he is dead meat against a good pilot. doing the old yo-yo flight pattern is a nub tactic.

i seriously only ram a helicopter when it is an accident, i can take them out just fine with a few passes of the jet and using the maingun. i wouldn't want to risk losing my ride to some nub that has been standing in the hangar for 20 minutes just so he can take off and crash it in 30 seconds or use it as a taxi.

Comment

yes finnally someone said something useful this would be awesome to have in the next patch great idea

Comment

Airbrake??? I thought there was one. Go to third person view and hold "S" down you should see it pop up.

Comment

Ramming wouldn't be a problem if missiles wouldn't ****ing veer away from the helos at the last seconds when no god damned flares are deployed. I don't have a problem with them missing due to flares, I do however have a problem with them veering off, making a perfect 90 degree turn, and killing a teammate for no ****ing reason.

Until they fix it, I will ram. Don't like it? Then don't load up a helo.

Comment

Working...
                              X