Battlefield 2 Error, Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Error, Please help

Okay. This problem is really bugging me. I installed Battlefield 2 and put patch on and ran the game. It kept having this black screen for about 3 seconds then goes back to the desktop. Then I did multiple reinstallations and many combonations of reinstalling like redoing drivers and directx and stuff. Still had same problem. I went to EAGames tech support, they had nothing on this issue except they said that it has to do with video card drivers. But I already did that. Then I came across a website and there was a way to see what the error was by making the game run in a window by goin to properties and in the target area making the "+fullscreen 1" to make it 0. So I did that then ran Battlefield 2 and it came up with this:

Debug assertion failed!

Version: 1.1.2484.0 Build date:2005-7-9 22:52
    Module: RendDX9
    File: c:\dice\profects\BF2Branches\BF2JunePatch\Code\BF2 \RendDX9\VideoOptions.cpp
    Line: 234

Text Unknown DynamicOption value 800x600@60Hz

Current confile:

Cancel | Try Again | Continue
    Okay I saw that theres DX9 in there so I figured it has to do with something with directX but I reinstalled it and it still didnt work. If anyone can help me out please do so PLease!! this game looks amazing.
    Specs:

AMD 64 3200+
    Radeon 9800 XT (5.7 Catalyst)
    Windows XP Professional (SP2)
    80 GB WD 7200rpm
    250 GB WD 7200rpm
    1 GB DDR RAM
    DVD-RW 8X
    DVD-RW 4X
    Integrated nForce sound

Are you using an LCD monitor?

Comment

No Im using a 19 Inch CRT Samsung monitor

Comment

Thought it might be the refresh rate. Sorry I'm stumped, your specs are ok. I've had trouble with Cat 5.7's, CtD's. I run the original MSI drivers on my install disk. Try rolling the drivers back to 5.6 and see if that helps.

Comment

have you ever had the game running? Install from a DVD? Maybe the installation disk is bad....
          Where did you get your direct x from...the game cd or online?

Comment

Nah the installation is perfect its from cd. Ive reinstalled direct X several times, from CD and Online Ive tried everything dude. I need help!!!

Comment

Its the bloody game code, it sucks and the techs at EA and PB can't figure it out either. Don't totally screw up your computer for this game. Hope the 1.03 patch fixes this ****!

Comment

Yeah I agree, I almost cleared my comp but then I realized it wasnt worth it since the new patch comes out soon. Ill wait till then cause i heard that it has a 140 fixes of bugs, I hope my bug gets fixed by it. But if anyone knows how to fix it any time sooner please say. Thanks

Comment

i had this before
                  cause i was using a "fixed-exe/*****" files ----> BF2.exe + Core.dll

then i reinstalled the game
                  i didnt install any ***** patches
                  i updated the game with patch v1.02
                  i updated the vid card drivers
                  and then the game runs ok...................

by the way.........there is also another problem
                  in my computer i figured out that the game hangs on the black screen
                  i get out of the game
                  disabled my LAN card fro the device manager "Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager"

then i run the game
                  it works
                  i use Alt+tab to get out and enable my LAN card again

hope that helps everyone

Comment

Heh. Nope didnt work. Tried that just now.. Uhh I really hope 1.03 works. Seriously this game look so good.

Comment

Re: Battlefield 2 Error, Please help

Okay I got it to work.. If anyone gets this problem, what I did was uninstall my monitor in my Device Manager by right clicking My Computer and clicking properties, go to advanced tab and then go to Device Manager then under Monitors uninstall then restart then when you start up the computer, itll install again and then restart one more time and it should work. Omg I finally got it working and this game is AAMAZINGGGGGGGG

Comment

Congrats unreal! I imagine it was loading the wrong monitor ini file. All is well that ends well!

Comment

Wow this game runs smooth on 1024X768 all graphics on high except Anti aliasing thats impressive huh

Comment

Ahh, the sounds of a happy gamer! Ain't life grand?

Comment

Working...
                            X