X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHOPPER CAPPING needs to go..

I know theres going to be some chopper whores who get upset at this
    thread, but I say, GOOD!

This hovering over a flag with a pilot and gunner, capping a flag in 5 seconds,
    then jumping off 2 miles to the next one is silly..

game after game are ruined because of this. Since when did choppers
    take ground in any war while never touching it ? Enemy gets low on
    tickets... couple stat whores hop in a chopper and off they go to capture
    one point after another..

This exploit totally ruined Battlefield Vietnam... watching those choppers
    spin around the flag in BFV was a sad sight.. and now the spinning part
    isnt required..since the chopper is easier to fly in BF2..

This silly business needs to go, imo.

I will grow tired and bored with this game very quick, just like i did with BFV..

I wouldn't say it's that hard to shoot them down. Get your jet guy and tell him there's a chopper full of guys that he might be interested in. Noob or not, he'd want to get those guys whether he shoots them down or runs into them. That or get your attack choppers on it. Sure, I make it sound easy myself, because it is that easy if there's a little team coordination.

Comment

Im no Chopper crazed fan
      Can't even fly the damn thing
      But xNightfirex is right
      Some Coop would take that CHopper down.

Comment

Thats what anti tank are for!

Comment

bah! dont complain about it, just shoot the damn thing....machine gun, pistol, whatever....it does some damage, and i promise they will leave the flag and try to find you....i do it everyday! whiners cant be choosers.....so grow sick of the game already and leave....we dont need panzies......

Comment

anti tanks are affective against it and if you have a good squad helicopters are easy to take out.

Comment

as i've said many times. The helos are easy to take down, IF YOU WORK TOGETHER!

But this is BF2, no teamwork here. Just people wanting the helos to be weaker, so they can take care of them by theirselves.

If you work together, it will be down in no time at all.

Try getting a grenade launcher and a coulple Vodniks/HMV etc.. and take them out.

Comment

P A T I E N C E!

With the amount of people complaining and the fact that it's done tons it will probably get adjusted in the 1.03 patch. I think that's for the best. I am not against how it is now, as it still requires a fairly coordinated crew to do, and the BH can be taken down by a similarly coordinated force. However, I expect they will change it so that you can't hover cap anymore. Thus, demoting BHs to their actual role of troop transport (in theory). Though I'm sure people will still use them as mobile gunships, but at least they shouldn't be able to cap unless they land..

Comment

Maybe they could let people shoot out the fuel tanks on the chopper. One nice explosive weakspot built into the vehicle would probably make them think twice about lingering around in a static position, leaving themselves open to be fired upon by ground soldiers.

Comment

I love it when they hover. I'm no ace, but a hovering chopper is a very easy target.

Comment

Working...
                    X