Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Problem...

Hi,

I have recently formatted my HDD and installed BF2. I had played BF2 on my computer before i formatted and it worked fine and i could play it loads and really enjoyed it.But now everytime i play BF2 after a certain amount of time everything starts to dissappear and go weird colours like a soldier will suddenly turn neon blue. And sometimes buildings dissappear and i crash into them without realising they were even there and it also makes me PC restart

Like i said the game ran fine before i formatted.

I have the latest ati drivers and the latest mobo/sound drivers. I run BF2 with everything on highest (res 1024x768-60hz) except lighting which is put on medium.

I'm 150% sure it isnt my graphics card over heating because like i said i could run the game on full highest settings before i formatted and there were no problems with the way the game looks and things dissappearing. I even had very good frame rates.

None of these problems happen in any other game.

I have uninstalled BF2 and removed allf iles and then clean installed it and it still does the same thing!

I hope someone can help... Because at the mo i can't even be bothered to load the game up knowing it will restart my PC.

I have looked for cures all over the forums and have found none.

My specs:

-AMD 64 BIT 3400+ @ 2.41GHZ
    -Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
    -1GB RAM
    -2x80GB HDD
    -Nforce 3 250GB Abit NF8

Thanks for reading.
    Murtey.

You may want to try the orginal video drivers that came with the card. I have an MSI X800XL and I have less trouble with those drivers than I do with ATI 5.7's. Try uninstalling/cleaning/ installing 5.6's

Comment

Hmmm ok i will try that/ I have heard of problems with the Cat 5.7's but in all of my other games everything is fine. I will download 5.6's later.

Cheers.

Any other ideas appreciated aswell.

Comment

The only time I've seen something like that is when overclocking a video card. Make sure you're not overclocking your card. You may literally want to use an overclocking tool to UNDERCLOCK your card and see if it fixes it.

Comment

Yeah, refering to the OCing, it does sound like artifacting. I'd also try bumping everything to medium and trying that also.

Comment

True, But before i formatted my brother could play the game for hours on end with all settings ON HIGHEST, and it didn't give any artifacts or anything

Comment

bump?

Comment

Try the drivers,

Only thing i can think of.

Comment

Working...
                X